The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Any high mileage R51's out there with little problems?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fossilfuelburner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the original owner of 2005 Pathfinder that just rolled past 200,000 miles. It's never been to the dealer. I perform all of the service myself and the vehicle has been reliable and cheap to maintain.

I changed the engine oil every 7,500 using Mobil 1. The transmission oil has been changed every 20,000 miles using Castrol Multi Import Vehicle. Changed the spark plugs twice, at 95,000 and 190,000 miles. Coolant every 30,000 miles, diff fluid every 60,000 and changed the power steering fluid a few times.

3 parts that failed and left the vehicle undrivable:

163K, driveshaft u-joint (mechanical). Bought and installed a new u-joint from AutoZone for $15.
187K, crankshaft position sensor (electrical) started acting up and engine would randomly die. Purchased factory part at Advanced Auto/CarQuest for $38.
190K, heater core elbow (mechanical) at passenger side firewall cracked when I was replacing spark plugs and PCV valve. Instead of replacing the entire heater hose assembly for over $200, I purchased a t-fitting from PepBoy's, heater core hose and hose clamps for $15 and made the repair.

Minor failure not affecting drivability:
176K, rear lift gate actuator stopped locking. Replaced with factory part for $142.
Liftgate struts have been replaced twice.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend just texted me this pic. He has a 2010 Laughing

https://flic.kr/p/Wk7Uin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: