AC Deluxe Suspension Package pics

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Matt06

AC Deluxe Suspension Package pics

Postby Matt06 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:24 pm

I thought I would post some pics...before and after I got the AC Deluxe Suspension Package installed. I also got Goodyear dura track 265/75/16. This forum really helped me so far by the way.

Before:
ImageMy Path by Matt1493, on Flickr
After:
Image2'' lift by Matt1493, on Flickr

asgard

Postby asgard » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Nice,

now you can play in even deeper snow

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Looks great man, nice job.. 8)

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Nice tires. How does it ride?? Theres not much feedback on these lifts yet.

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 am

Yes it does look really nice, especially when you stand next to it. I still can't keep looking at the before and after pics lol

Feedback on the suspension & tires:
Ok first: I am not too mechanically inclined and got everything installed by a Nissan dealership. I liked the service there so far, I thought they had experience with lifted Xterra (not the same suspension but the front seems to be the same) and that if I needed a camber kit, well they would have just installed it and I wouldn't need to buy it for nothing.

If you order this kit you will notice that you get 2 front adjustable Bilstein shocks for a 4X2 Nissan Xterra and the 2 back Bilstein heavy duty shocks for a Nissan Pathfinder 4X2. After a bit of research, I concluded it was no problem as the Xterra had the same front suspension then my truck and the back suspension 4X2 or 4X4 would be the same anyway. The AC springs are really massive and that will give you the 2'' inches lift at the back. I took some measures with a tape line before and I think I got like 2 1/2'' inches at the back. My parking spot is not really level so my measures were kind of useless though. I must have read everything about suspension on this forum so I was pretty sure I would get the 2 inches anyway (thanks to everyone that post about suspension by the way, it really did help me cause I use to have a pontiac sunfire and didn't know much about trucks & suspension)

To make it short, they installed the new shocks and springs with no problem but suggested that I go to an alignment shop that were used to deal with lifted truck as they did the alignment and the back was in the red. They also told me one of the bolt was seized and they did not have spare one to replace it so they did what they could to align the back of the truck. They also told me to be careful as my truck wouldn't be the same, so to get used with the new driving. It didn't take long that I noticed something was really wrong as the back would bounce sideways when I got on bumps. The VDC would also kick in some times.
I called a Goodyear shop for a new alignment and also for the Goodyear dura track tires to be installed. The alignment shop that Nissan suggested was too far away.

The Goodyear shop had a look at the alignment and confirmed the back wheels were both turning on the right side so this is why the truck was almost no longer drivable. It took a new lower rear passenger side suspension link (the bushing was done and you need to get the whole link to get the bushing = $114.72 CAD) with a few bolts and they got the alignment within specs.

The first official road test was yesterday and all I can say is wow!!! What an improvement...the ride is more stiff and you feel more in control even if you are higher. I did not feel more body roll or any other issues. The tires are great as well, they have an aggressive tread but this is what I wanted, they look great as well. I am just not sure if I should keep going with 35 psi with these tires? The reason I got this kit is I needed a suspension that would handle better on and off road and I sometime go on camping trip with friends and we got lot of stuff to carry.

For the price you can't go wrong. Just be sure to get a good alignment...

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 pm

VERY NICE! How much was the kit all together? and where did you get it from? Thanks.

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I got the kit from AC (Automotive Customizers)

Here is the link:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html

$440 USD

It was a bit more expensive for me as I'm in Canada...

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:28 am

Matt,

Now that you've driven your pathfinder for a couple of weeks with the new suspension, have any issues developed with this new setup? I'm thinking about getting the same lift and just wanted to know of your experience. Thanks for sharing.

Matt06

Postby Matt06 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:04 pm

No issues...I really like my new suspension set up. I feel like it handle way better now and the look...WOW it`s really worth it. Now I just need to test it off road...

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a 2 inches suspension lift.

I don`t see how someone could not like this kit but at worst if you keep the original rear coil springs, you can use the shocks without any lift. If you set up the front at the lowest setting it should be pretty much level. I thought about that when I had trouble with the alignment. As I said, I did not want to do that but it still an option. i.e. if you ever want to sell your Pathfinder, someone have the option to keep the lift or not.

So I say go for it! I don`t think you will be disappointed.

Will know how the dura track handle in the snow/ice soon as well...

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Matt06 wrote:No issues...I really like my new suspension set up. I feel like it handle way better now and the look...WOW it`s really worth it. Now I just need to test it off road...

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a 2 inches suspension lift.

I don`t see how someone could not like this kit but at worst if you keep the original rear coil springs, you can use the shocks without any lift. If you set up the front at the lowest setting it should be pretty much level. I thought about that when I had trouble with the alignment. As I said, I did not want to do that but it still an option. i.e. if you ever want to sell your Pathfinder, someone have the option to keep the lift or not.

So I say go for it! I don`t think you will be disappointed.

Will know how the dura track handle in the snow/ice soon as well...

Thanks Matt! And you're right, WOW is my reaction as well everytime I see the picture of your Pathfinder with the lift! :D

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Very nice ride. I bought a set of good year wrangler territory that looks very similar to the duratrac.

I'll definitely be considering the 2" AC lift when my kids get taller and my extended warranty runs out.

esuddenwake

Same Alingment issue

Postby esuddenwake » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 pm

I to have installed the AC 2" lift with the same alignment issues. The rear springs seem to tall for the rear to handle and the toe is always inwards. Plus the shocks are not long enough, so I had to put weight in the rear to hook them up. The lift has been on for almost a year now, and have always had the alignment in specs, but if I go off road and hit a bump a little to hard the alignment goes back out. So I am having the Calmini 5" lift installed and longer front control arms. Hopefully that will keep the alignment in specs, and hopefully someone will make longer shocks for the back. Anyway, your Pathy looks good man, like your tire choice.

Flanker7

suspension Lift

Postby Flanker7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 am

Hello everybody! I know this post is several years old, but I figured I'd reply to see where everyone is at today. I am at a point where I wish lift my '06 Pathfinder SE off-road. I currently have a set of General Grabber X3 on the vehicle.

I particularly like the suspension that Matt did on his, but am concerned about how much the rear end goes/went out of alignment. This rig doubles as my hunting rig - hence the reason for wanting the lift. I hunt in logging country (rough and rocky) and oftentimes, one could benefit from a lift when on some of the old logging roads.

Does anyone (Matt included) have experience with this package

https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18915784-del ... ckage.html

and what, if any, additional materials or parts did you need. I look forward to all opinions here as you will be helping me decide on what to do.

Thanks!

Flanker7

Postby Flanker7 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:29 am

I re-read my last post and wanted to clarify. It's been a while since the original post, I guess what I was asking if anyone (Matt included) would be willing to post an update on how it worked out long term.

VKbadger

Postby VKbadger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm

I am interested in finding out how this set is performing. I am planning to purchase this set

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”