The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Xenon headlight flickering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
labsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Xenon headlight flickering Reply with quote

Hi,

for past few months I notice right xenon headlight (low beam) flickering when I drive over rough terrain or a bump. It's like turning OFF then ON again within 1 second, then sometimes it stays ON and sometimes it stays OFF.

Lamps were both replaced with high quality Philips lamps some year ago.
The COLOR of both lamps, when on, is identical, so I assume it's not lamp faulty.

I know I must go through all relays, harnesses, balasts and it's pain because there is a battery in front of lamp and even if I take battery out, still there's very tight space to work on lamp.
So I just ask if anyone had similar issue.
labsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh....it was Xenon lamp at the end. No visible signs of failure, but seems like one of them simply does not ignite. Confused Got a pair of new ones.
labsy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjit... I replaced the foulty Xenon lamp and it worked. But a day after I again noticed some flickering when driving over some bumps. Ahhh...here we go again - still do not know what's wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: