4x4 Parts "Deluxe Suspension Package" Ranchos or B

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Malt

4x4 Parts "Deluxe Suspension Package" Ranchos or B

Postby Malt » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Long time lurking, I think I've read every post on here regarding suspension, but I'm a newbie at actually doing any work, so please bear with me, this post is mostly to make myself feel better about taking the plunge, spending some money, and lifting my daily driver...

I do 2-3 trips per year to places like Red River Gorge or Uwharrie, I'm not crawling and its my DD so I turn back pretty quickly if it looks too interesting. What I'm after is extra insurance, I doubt I'll do anything more aggressive than I already have completely stock.

That being said, I like the look of some extra ride height, decided I want 2 inches of lift and from everything I've seen the Ranchos and Blisteins have their strengths and weaknesses.

2 Questions:

4x4 Parts Deluxe Suspension Package - worth it? The "competition" package is much more expensive, is the upgrade worth it given limited use off highways?

Assuming good reviews on the Deluxe package, Blisteins or Ranchos? The Ranchos cost more, so of course I think they're "better". Are they? Is it preference?

Thanks all - I know its been covered up down and sideways in various ways, but I don't believe I've seen this specific question before, and either way, will make me feel better about buying!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Always comes down to how much money you want to spend.

Check out nisstec . Com
They have lift packages also
Myself will vote bilsteins over ranchos as for the front. The rear i have not used stock length parts.

For the best reliability i would not run any spacers for lift. So adjustable front shocks/or coilovers and heavier duty springs for both front and rear.

Front you will need aftermarket upper control arms so you reduce coil bucket contact when suspension fully extends.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”