Performance Exhaust - Looking for input

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Tiggerpunk

Performance Exhaust - Looking for input

Postby Tiggerpunk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

I want to replace my stock exhaust to a Magnaflow, Borla, Gibson, or something equivalent. I have done some research but most companies don't offer performance exhaust systems for a 2012 Pathfinder.

Anybody change out their exhaust system yet? Was it a straight-forward cat-back bolt-on system or something custom? Moreover, did you exchange all the way out to the engine block including headers?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:53 pm

On my 2006 LE, I went with Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes and a Magnaflow 12580 muffler. The muffler is a 2-in/1-out design, so the factory pipes have to be cut and some fabrication done, but not a big job for any custom exhaust shop. I covered this in my thread:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=12841

Tusk

Postby Tusk » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 pm

2012 LE - I went with AFE equal length shorties and the Gibson SS catback. Gibson use the SS term a bit loosely on their kit. The front half and muffler are an acceptable grade of SS, rear section is all gross after 1 year.

Issues - one exhaust manifold bolt rounded off and I had to tweak the chassis bracket that is on the inlet side of the muffler.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”