Largest tire that fits Patty w/o modification?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Infinity-x

Largest tire that fits Patty w/o modification?

Postby Infinity-x » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 am

Hi guys,

I've got a 2012 Pathfinder (Patty) S model with the standard 16inch rims and 6 lugs. Basically my tires are getting sort of low but in the near future I want to buy bigger tires. I understand to get the full look I'll probably want like a 1-1.5 inch spacer but as far as tires go what is the largest tire I can fit without having to modify or roll my fenders?

Like a rugged look but not using this for offroading - I commute to work about 45 mins one way so comfort would be nice but I also don't want to break the bank.

Let me know your suggestions, pics of them on your Patty would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 pm

265/75/16

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 am

Thupertrooper wrote:265/75/16
Thanks! I see a lot with the r behind the 75 - "265/75r/16".. any difference there to be worried about versus ones without the r?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Infinity-x wrote:
Thupertrooper wrote:265/75/16
Thanks! I see a lot with the r behind the 75 - "265/75r/16".. any difference there to be worried about versus ones without the r?
None. You'll see them listed in various ways, but if you walk into a tire shop, saying "265/75/16" is all that matters. Although you also have to deal with a P (passenger) rated tire or a LT (light truck) rated tire, such as p265/75/16 or LT265/75/16E.

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:26 am

Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-265-75R16 ... BS&vxp=mtr

Can anyone tell me if those would fit without modification? My end goal is to put those on first and then shortly after add a 1.5 inch spacer to them.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 am

Kestral wrote:Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com
I've checked out the site, thanks for the suggestion! They have a good selection of tires in the size I want, but their Offroading ones are a bit pricer than what I could find elsewhere. I guess it's a matter of if I want namebrand or offbrand (higher vs lower price). I have a somewhat hefty commute, about 45 minutes one way so for practical reasons I shouldn't be looking at offroad tires, but I think they'd beef up the look of the vehicle so that's why I'm leaning towards them.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 am

Infinity-x wrote:
Kestral wrote:Check out Vulcan tire on line they have a nice selection of aggressive tires you may like and they are a reputable on line company I believe it's Vulcantire.com
I've checked out the site, thanks for the suggestion! They have a good selection of tires in the size I want, but their Offroading ones are a bit pricer than what I could find elsewhere. I guess it's a matter of if I want namebrand or offbrand (higher vs lower price). I have a somewhat hefty commute, about 45 minutes one way so for practical reasons I shouldn't be looking at offroad tires, but I think they'd beef up the look of the vehicle so that's why I'm leaning towards them.
I agree they do beef up the look of the truck but the tire noise of beefy tires gets real old after several miles that's why I stick with quiet AT tires. I love the look of a good mudder but a quiet AT is about as aggressive as I can stand on the road.

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Infinity-x wrote:Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

Can anyone tell me if those would fit without modification? My end goal is to put those on first and then shortly after add a 1.5 inch spacer to them.
Bump. need some help to see if you guys think these will fit?

As to the comment above - these tires have fairly good ratings as being quieter on the highway as compared to Centennial's other M/T tires. But my concern is even though these are 265/75/16 that they won't fit. HELP!! lol

HiBRiD109

Postby HiBRiD109 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Infinity-x wrote:
Infinity-x wrote:Okay so I've got my eyes on something like this.. may not do the same exact setup but this is the look I want:

Bump. need some help to see if you guys think these will fit?

As to the comment above - these tires have fairly good ratings as being quieter on the highway as compared to Centennial's other M/T tires. But my concern is even though these are 265/75/16 that they won't fit. HELP!! lol

Yes, these tires will fit, they might slightly rub on the splash guards if you have them. The off road model comes with 265/75/R16 so you shouldn't have any problems.

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 am

Sooo I just saw this thread : http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2066

regarding Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs and I think that's the route I want to take. They are a good bit more expensive than what I was looking to spend, but I think down the road they will be a better value than a cheaper set. I've got no mudflaps on my SUV so I don't think I should run into any rubbing.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 am

They go on sale regularly up here in Canada for about $180 per tire for the P rated ones. Just over $200 for LT E-rated.

But I would read this before pulling the trigger:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... &start=105

Specifically Labsy's comment (last one of the thread on page 8).

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:15 am

disallow wrote:They go on sale regularly up here in Canada for about $180 per tire for the P rated ones. Just over $200 for LT E-rated.

But I would read this before pulling the trigger:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... &start=105

Specifically Labsy's comment (last one of the thread on page 8).
I did see Labsy's comment and am taking it into consideration. I live in South Carolina so we *rarely* see any snow or icy conditions so I'm not too worried about that. I would be concerned about slipping on wet tarmac, but at ~50k or so on tires I would come to expect that would happen as they are nearing the end of their useful life.

Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Infinity-x wrote: Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?
P rated almost always come with some kind of treadwear warranty, whereas few of the LT tires do. P are more suited to pavement, although I have been off road with P rated tires for many, many years. P rated are lighter in weight. For example, you could have a P rated tire that weighs 48lbs & the same size tire in LT that comes in at 56lbs. Typically the biggest drawback with LT tires, because of the extra weight, is increased stopping distance, lower mpg (I have not seen this with mine) and a slight loss of perceived power. Biggest advantage with LT is ruggedness-they are built to withstand more abuse. Another advantage is tread depth. Again, looking at a P rated and LT rated tire of the same size, the P rated will have less depth. This varies from tire to tire, but LT tires can have anywhere from 4 to 6/32" more depth. P rated tires operate best at the PSI stated by the vehicle's mfr. Run a P rated over or under that pressure and bad things can happen. LT tires are far more flexible with PSI, meaning that they can be dropped below the mfrs stated PSI for off road, or quite a bit above for highway or the load being carried. This leads to LT tires also being able to carry heavier loads than P rated tires, but you will be running a higher PSI on a daily basis. There are charts out there on tire mfr sites that show what load corresponds to what PSI, so you can see what you generally need to be at to be comparable to a P rated tire. For instance, I believe my Pathfinder door sticker says something like 32 PSI per tire. I'm running about 41 PSI right now for my C rated LT tires. And then you have different flavors of LT tires, such as C, D and E.

Confused yet? Sorry for the jumble of an answer. Best bet is to google your question. Tons of sites out there discuss the differences.

Infinity-x

Postby Infinity-x » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 am

NVSteve wrote:
Infinity-x wrote: Still searching around though.. what's the difference between P rated and LT E-Rated? I searched DiscountTire and they didn't offer a choice between the two?
P rated almost always come with some kind of treadwear warranty, whereas few of the LT tires do. P are more suited to pavement, although I have been off road with P rated tires for many, many years. P rated are lighter in weight. For example, you could have a P rated tire that weighs 48lbs & the same size tire in LT that comes in at 56lbs. Typically the biggest drawback with LT tires, because of the extra weight, is increased stopping distance, lower mpg (I have not seen this with mine) and a slight loss of perceived power. Biggest advantage with LT is ruggedness-they are built to withstand more abuse. Another advantage is tread depth. Again, looking at a P rated and LT rated tire of the same size, the P rated will have less depth. This varies from tire to tire, but LT tires can have anywhere from 4 to 6/32" more depth. P rated tires operate best at the PSI stated by the vehicle's mfr. Run a P rated over or under that pressure and bad things can happen. LT tires are far more flexible with PSI, meaning that they can be dropped below the mfrs stated PSI for off road, or quite a bit above for highway or the load being carried. This leads to LT tires also being able to carry heavier loads than P rated tires, but you will be running a higher PSI on a daily basis. There are charts out there on tire mfr sites that show what load corresponds to what PSI, so you can see what you generally need to be at to be comparable to a P rated tire. For instance, I believe my Pathfinder door sticker says something like 32 PSI per tire. I'm running about 41 PSI right now for my C rated LT tires. And then you have different flavors of LT tires, such as C, D and E.

Confused yet? Sorry for the jumble of an answer. Best bet is to google your question. Tons of sites out there discuss the differences.
Very confused.. but not because of your post - simply because I know nothing of tires :P ... I always appreciate information first hand from someone that has the same vehicle as me vs. going to a generic article that was written no telling how long ago.

It looks like the ones I'm looking at are LT rated C Load. I do a majority of highway driving, but I like the look of an aggressive tire so perhaps based on your input the LT is the way to go? I don't really do heavy offroading but I do enjoy taking the back road to work (45min) and it is pretty wavy/bumpy so I'd need a tire to be able to handle that.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”