350z / 370z Limited Slip Into the Pathfinder

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

rragpaoa

ARB Locker Option

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:24 pm

@reds12t, Do you have 4WD? Are you looking for traction off-road when needed, or are you looking for a limited slip for on-road traction? If the former, why not just add and ARB Air locker. They make it for the R230. That way you don't need to step down to the R200 and you get to keep all the stronger components and not change them out.

I've done it on mine and it's works awesome. While I was at it, I installed the 3.36 gearing as well. If you are replacing gears, might as well get the ARB locker for the M205 as well. They make it for that diff as well. Fully locked, on demand.

For on-road traction, the V8 AWD and electronic ABS does an excellent job. The AWD system is derived from the Skyline GTR AWD system, which is one of the best in the industry.

reds12t

Re: ARB Locker Option

Postby reds12t » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

rragpaoa wrote:@reds12t, Do you have 4WD?...For on-road traction, the V8 AWD and electronic ABS does an excellent job. The AWD system is derived from the Skyline GTR AWD system, which is one of the best in the industry.
Your build has been helpful, and inspirational, thank you for chiming in here.

While I do have 4WD, I rarely go off road. That being said, I may end up putting and ARB in front when I do my 3.36 gears, as you suggest, just in case. For the rear, I really just want a limited slip when I have the traction control off and I am in 2wd. I enjoy spinning tires, and an occasional bit of getting sideways. An open differential is not ideal, nor do I feel selectable Locker is the best choice either.

A nice byproduct of having an LSD would be better off road performance. I had one my Supercharged Xterra and it worked nicely for the very mild off roadig that I did. That is actually now what I am looking at putting in the Pathfinder.

k2sb2003

Re: 350z / 370z Limited Slip Into the Pathfinder

Postby k2sb2003 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:06 am

Bringing up an old thread... DId anyone actually install the Quaife unit in the R200 yet? Looking for my V6 Pathy. I talked to Steve over at Rugged Rocks and it doesn't seem like the C200 unit is a viable option without some machining and I am not sure where to accomplish that at. Plus the cost for ARB is nuts!

silverarrow27

Re: 350z / 370z Limited Slip Into the Pathfinder

Postby silverarrow27 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Funny, I always though Nissan went helical in their sports cars after the year 2000. I don't see why the 350z and 370z would have viscous when their little sister Silvia(S15) came with a helical lsd in Japan. I never bothered looking into the 350z and 370z til today.

But to your question, you can call around performance shops that deals a lot with LSDs in general, I'm sure they're willing to help or point you in the right direction. You live in or near the capital of modified vehicles in CA.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”