2005 Nissan Pathfinder Tow harness issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

scottie092

2005 Nissan Pathfinder Tow harness issue

Postby scottie092 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I have a 2005 pathfinder that is having issues with the tow harness.
I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING !!!! I've done soo many research and nothing seems to help. I've done some research and it says to ground, test the right and left turn signal on the harness while the vehicle is on ACC/ON position {Ignition not on}.
If the lights for either left and right doesnt come on the harness while your testing then its best to change the BCM SUB-HARNESS. But if the lights come on then your BCM needs a replacement.
For my vehicle the left and right wire on the harness didnt give any indications meaning i had to replace the Sub-harness.
After replacing the harness, the only light that'll work is the right turning light.
All others did not function such as Left light, brake light, running light.
I've checked and replaced the two 10 amp fuses on the sub-harness, checked all fuses and relays under the hood. All fuses and relays were still good .
I've done more research which indicated to turn on the ignition and individually test the left and right signal as it's blinking touch the sub-harness and you'd feel a beep, if so then it's working.
I've tried it, felt the beep but nothing is still going to the tow harness except for the right signal.

Return to “R51 Electrical”