im a newbie and have questions about suspension for my '97

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

wvpathfinder

im a newbie and have questions about suspension for my '97

Postby wvpathfinder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 pm

my ride runs rough. do i need shocks or struts? are they the same thing?does anyone have experience with suspension KITS or lift kits for the '97? id like to get mine fixed up good enough suspension wise to hit the hills. what kind of suspension replacements are typical for a 4x4 1997 pathfinder. anybody that doesnt mind answering a few newbie questions about a 97 model please hmu

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

You have struts in the fronts and shock absorbers in the rear. It's hard to say if they are the cause of your "rough ride" or not without driving the vehicle and inspecting the vehicle. A number of other things can cause a rough ride, too, including bad or over-inflated tires, worn or broken coil springs and/or bushings. The bushings in the rear suspension's upper and lower links are especially prone to failure and will adversely affect ride quality. You might want to get professional auto technician to inspect your vehicle.

As far as suspension lifts, 4x4parts.com has options for Nissan trucks that would be worth looking into.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm

sfcreation.com also for lift kits and skidplates.

Cheers.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”