Adding a Camera to Factory NAV- questions

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

kev1n

Adding a Camera to Factory NAV- questions

Postby kev1n » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Ok,

After reading a bit it seems like I can add a rear camera to my factory OEM nav and there are basically two things I need to get.

1. Camera

2. A module/unit that I can splice into the video signal from the factory LCD screen and also splice into a signal that would automatically switch the screen on when I am reversing.

anyone have any ideas on where to get such module without spending a fortune ? I have seen a couple that are outrageously priced at $400+ seems excessive for what it is .

Dzil22

Postby Dzil22 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:58 am

On eBay Fits Nissan Pathfinder 2008-2012 Navigation Video Interface TV DVD Backup Cam cost around$200 & it's a plug & play system, hope this helps good luck

iBrian

Rear Camera to 2006 LE w/Factory NAV? Hands-Free? or Deck?

Postby iBrian » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am

I'd also like to add a rear camera. Same procedure? Anyone have a link to a decent camera with line markers and nice night-vision?

Ultimately, having just bought my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE, I don't know where to mount my iPhone 6s Plus in good eyesight line and therefore which mount to get. Then I also need a hands-free kit per new State law. It already has an iPhone cable into the SAT somehow, but it's sloppy from the glovebox.

But after all of these add-ons, is it more cost effective to get a compatible AppleCar double-DIN deck that supports steering wheel controls/harness, Bluetooth v4.x, DVD for the rear that came factory, factory NAV, factory Bose?

Waze is my favorite GPS iPhone app that I'd LOVE to display on the screen (plus iPhone music). In 2006, the display isn't even touchscreen though and there's plenty of settings that go through the display; from seat adjustment & horn, to locks and tire pressure sensors!

UGH! What should I do & where do I start?!? Help! I really don't want to spend more than $500-$600 all-in, although I love the Pioneer 8201-NEX. Don't want it stolen either which happened twice out of my Benz.

Thanks for any suggestions and links!

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”