The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Adding a Camera to Factory NAV- questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev1n

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Adding a Camera to Factory NAV- questions Reply with quote

Ok,

After reading a bit it seems like I can add a rear camera to my factory OEM nav and there are basically two things I need to get.

1. Camera

2. A module/unit that I can splice into the video signal from the factory LCD screen and also splice into a signal that would automatically switch the screen on when I am reversing.

anyone have any ideas on where to get such module without spending a fortune ? I have seen a couple that are outrageously priced at $400+ seems excessive for what it is .
Dzil22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On eBay Fits Nissan Pathfinder 2008-2012 Navigation Video Interface TV DVD Backup Cam cost around$200 & it's a plug & play system, hope this helps good luck
iBrian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Rear Camera to 2006 LE w/Factory NAV? Hands-Free? or Deck? Reply with quote

I'd also like to add a rear camera. Same procedure? Anyone have a link to a decent camera with line markers and nice night-vision?

Ultimately, having just bought my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE, I don't know where to mount my iPhone 6s Plus in good eyesight line and therefore which mount to get. Then I also need a hands-free kit per new State law. It already has an iPhone cable into the SAT somehow, but it's sloppy from the glovebox.

But after all of these add-ons, is it more cost effective to get a compatible AppleCar double-DIN deck that supports steering wheel controls/harness, Bluetooth v4.x, DVD for the rear that came factory, factory NAV, factory Bose?

Waze is my favorite GPS iPhone app that I'd LOVE to display on the screen (plus iPhone music). In 2006, the display isn't even touchscreen though and there's plenty of settings that go through the display; from seat adjustment & horn, to locks and tire pressure sensors!

UGH! What should I do & where do I start?!? Help! I really don't want to spend more than $500-$600 all-in, although I love the Pioneer 8201-NEX. Don't want it stolen either which happened twice out of my Benz.

Thanks for any suggestions and links!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: