The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Problem Folding 2nd Row Seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenacious_T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Problem Folding 2nd Row Seats Reply with quote

I just purchased a 2011 Pathfinder and found an issue with the 2nd row seats after I got it home. When I folded the seats flat (tip bottom cushion forward, then tip seat back flat), I nearly punched a hole in the lumbar area of the seat backs. I found that there's a steel tab on the seat frame assembly that jabs into the seat back when it's folded down. It looks as though it's supposed to 'catch' a steel lip inside the lower seat cushion to help prevent it from tipping forward when in the normal seating position (although it doesn't seem very effective).

Does anyone else have this issue with their vehicle? Is this something that was designed/installed by Nissan or could it be a poorly executed modification? I'm trying to decide if I should just cut off these catches and be done with them, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

[/img]
Jerry2012pathfinder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Rear seats Reply with quote

Iíve had 2 pathfinders that had the same issue. I ground the steel tabs off with a dremel tool on both of them and had no problems with either of them. [/img]
Tenacious_T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jerry! Looks like I'll be cutting them off then.
underworld1001

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for pointing this out. My 3rd row seats have the fabric coming off of them from being folded flat all the time which is disappointing. Don't want the 2nd row getting messed up either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: