The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
What does everyone tow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volvite

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan7 wrote:
Nice setup, looks real good. The guys over on RV.net would despise you for this lol

I'm glad to hear it towed well

I'm on rv.net as well and yes there are plenty of people that give me crap for my towing setup. Everyone wants you to have a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. As for now it works except for the horrible gas mileage.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Ryan7

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
Ryan7 wrote:
I took mine out for a ride this weekend to get a feel of it before we hit the open road.

Mine is a 2011 Jayco Jay Feather X19H.

The Pathfinder towed it pretty good, definitely knew it was there but didn't seem to bog down at all and pulled it with no issues, up and down hills.

[/img]

Ryan7 have you added airbags yet? If not you may want to.

I haven't yet, and I do plan on getting them, hopefully I'll get hem ordered this week.
AZ_Path

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volvite wrote:
I'm on rv.net as well and yes there are plenty of people that give me crap for my towing setup. Everyone wants you to have a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. As for now it works except for the horrible gas mileage.

People are surprised that a mid-size SUV can tow a heavy load because they aren't used to seeing it. I get asked about it frequently.

As far as gas mileage, unless you go diesel it's not going to be very good even with larger displacement.
Captain
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 Tracker boat SC v16 pro angler with a 40hp merc and a 9.8 nissan kicker. pulled it a few times but I find that the Avalanche pulls it better because the boat weight is around 3500lbs
LT265/70r17E BFGoodrich A/T

-airpack..4000$, bunkergear..3000$, training..4000$, Saving the life of the guy who flicked you off in traffic last week... Price Less
- God made Firefighters because Police Officers need heroes too.
volvite

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Path wrote:
volvite wrote:

People are surprised that a mid-size SUV can tow a heavy load because they aren't used to seeing it. I get asked about it frequently.

As far as gas mileage, unless you go diesel it's not going to be very good even with larger displacement.

Exactly. For awhile now I've been looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel. I actually have an older sister and brother that both purchased one about 4 months apart. Without towing they are getting 28-32 MPGs. I'm going to borrow my brothers at the end of the month and do a test towing my trailer with his jeep. I'm on the forms and members are stating they get 14 when towing a 7000lb trailer. I'll do my own test and if it does get anywhere close to 14 It will give me more incentive to trade the Pathfinder in for a Jeep. While I love my 08 with the 5.6, it will pass anything on the road but a gas station.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
MileHighMschf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older model Polaris Sportsman, I believe its about 800lbs wet. Trailer adds another 300. Just brought it back from Cali and managed about 18mpg. I'm hoping to add my lift soon so the back end isn't so squishy. [img][/img]
71olds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: brought this home today Reply with quote

AZ_Path

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fossilfuleburner wrote:

I had my transmission temperature gauge installed four years ago. I just did the radiator bypass two weeks ago. Here’s what I noticed:

I keep going back and forth on what I should do. Did you consider just updating the radiator? Seems like that might be simpler than adding another cooler and fan.
a fishin c

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4500 pound 22 ft C-Dory Cruiser.

Have the Air Lift 1000 air bags. Pump em up full and the car drives level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: