2013 path seat fabric wearing off allready

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

edward

2013 path seat fabric wearing off allready

Postby edward » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:16 pm

The car has 30k on it . Don't kno what you call the interior fabric but its similar to velour.Its not cloth or leather.I just noticed theres a bald spot forming on the drivers seat and on closer inspection,im seeing the center console is wearing thin from resting my arm there,plus the inside door handle area is looking thin as well.At this rate,the interiors going to look like its 15 yrs old in 3yrs.Anyone think theres a possible warranty on this? Thought id ask around here before i get laughed out of the dealership.Thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Well, there is a 3-yr/36000 mile, bumper to bumper warranty, but they usually don't cover what's deemed as "normal wear and tear." It wouldn't hurt to check and see if they will warranty it and if they don't, try complaining to the Nissan customer service hotline at 1-800-NISSAN-1. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

edward

Postby edward » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:56 pm

The car has to go back for a hoodlatch recall.Ill add that seat to the list.thanks

Scarlett

Postby Scarlett » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:55 am

I have a 2016 Pathfinder and my seats are the same fabric, almost like a brushed suede. I haven't noticed any bald spots yet, but I was initially a bit leary of purchasing the vehicle specifically due to that type of cloth. Of course the salesperson assured me that it was tough material, but....

What have you found to clean the material with?

And what did the dealership say about it?

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”