99 Pathfinder digital HVAC problem

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bbbmin

99 Pathfinder digital HVAC problem

Postby bbbmin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello and thanks for looking at my problem. My system blows hot and cold, fan works on all settings, digital readout works and I can set temp acrross it's full range. The outflow is stuck on the dash vents. The readout shows the proper icon when I switch to vent, floor, defrost, etc., but the flow stays only through the dash. I did the digital diagnostic tree and ended with the message "mode door motor harness connector is disconnected". Is this something a normal human can do or is it a "take out the dashboard and steering column" type of thing? Also, where can I find a diagram or something to show me where this harness is?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:57 pm

The harness will be near or connected to the mode door actuator itself and is part of the main harness. You could just have a faulty actuator. I forget where they stuck that one on the R50; it's often on the driver's side of the HVAC cooling and heating unit, to the right of the gas pedal, on many Nissan models. Your best bet would be to refer the factory service manual for your Pathy. Nico Club's site has free, downloadable Nissan factory service manuals at their site.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”