The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
R51 CD changer to AUX conversion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smabacon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: R51 CD changer to AUX conversion. Reply with quote

Hi All, First post!

I've seen a couple of threads about adding a 3.5mm audio jack to these old nissan stereos, but almost all of the links and pics are no longer live, so i'm looking for some assistance.

I've got the 2005 Pathfinder, with 6 disk CD changer and NAV. I understand that to add aux connectivity, i need to sacrifice the CD changer, and fit a converter. I've seen a couple of adapters on ebay, but i'd take any recommendations please (UK sellers where possible!).

[img]https://imgur.com/a/2LPdW[/img]

Any advice, or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been toying around with the idea of doing this.

The factory DVD player hooks up directly to the Bose deck and has RCA inputs on it, so the easiest method is probably to score one of these units off ebay or a wrecker WITH the harness and then use a patch cable to hook up.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 305000kms (190000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or something like this? It apparently works with the bose amp and sub, drop in replacement of the bose head unit...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-6-Double-2DIN-DVD-Player-Bluetooth-MP4-Audio-Video-USB-Rearview-Camera-Top/232441948470?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3APathfinder&hash=item361e9ea936:g:GmYAAOSwrqlZgthP&vxp=mtr

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 305000kms (190000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: