The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Visual on brake wear please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nismopath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Visual on brake wear please Reply with quote

I have noticed lately that my brakes have been squealing at low speeds. I had some break dust but I did use some wheel cleaner and scrub down what I could without taking the wheels off.
I haven't replaced the pads yet, and i have put about 30k on the vehicle myself. I bought it used, so i don't know if they are original pads or ever been changed.
I took some pictures just to see if you think the pads looks thinner than normal. Im not sure if you can do a visual or if i have to actually measure, but i thought I'd try. My discs seem fine, they are smooth as glass.

*Pictures are large so you can see better up close *

disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look fine.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excessive dust can make them squeal, but so can lack of lubrication between the ends of the pads and the abutment clips.
nismopath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to give a rough idea of how many more miles are left ? I have never looked at brakes before so i am just looking to see if you all have a general idea if these look like 50k left or 10k left.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brake wear can be affected by a number of variables, including the type of driver and whether the vehicle does a lot of long trips vs. a lot of short trips. The best thing to do is have your brakes checked at least every 15,000 miles or any time you rotate your tires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: