The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Just R51 stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kestral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Just R51 stuff Reply with quote

So it's 5 deg F outside here at my house in Western MA tonight. My R51 resides outside I keep my 2013 Mustang in the garage and my wife's Toyota occupies the other spot. Man I hate starting my Pathfinder in this cold weather! I esp don't like having to let it warm up as long as I have to due to my health issues the cold is a problem for me. "Just ranting"

Happy to report that my new Cooper Discover AT/3's are better in the snow then I expected. I was surprised that even in 4x2 my Pathfinder has excellent traction and I feel the traction control is set up just about perfect letting me have slight wheel spin before progressively kicking in. My 2006 Toyota 4Runner was a joke when the traction control kicked in if the wheels spun it would kick in and you would not go anywhere! It would just sit there no matter how hard you mashed the go pedal! It was actually dangerous.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Just R51 stuff Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
My 2006 Toyota 4Runner was a joke when the traction control kicked in if the wheels spun it would kick in and you would not go anywhere! It would just sit there no matter how hard you mashed the go pedal! It was actually dangerous.

I've had the same happen to me in the Pathfinder. One prime example is when I'm pulled off the side of the road on the dirt shoulder or beyond. When I pull back onto the pavement, the wheels spin because of the steep slope on the sides of the pavement. Even when full contact is made, it's like I'm going 5mph when I have it almost floored. I turn that crap off the second I leave pavement because it is seriously stupid for anything other than pavement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: