Hi new member, my pathy needs a lot of work

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Nemerak

Hi new member, my pathy needs a lot of work

Postby Nemerak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:12 am

Hi, I been reading this forum for a long time :lol:, but it's my first post my pathfinder is 2008 SE 4x4, the only doud that I have is where is the satellite antenna? I'm planning to install the USA SPEC BT45-NIS and need to be connected to the satellite antenna.

Well I speak with my wife and she still likes the pathy and we are keeping it and this are the parts that I'm planning to change, if there is any suggestion let me know :D

Complete front suspension work, control arms, sway bar links, tie rods, I'm going MOOG for that, only for the sway bar bushings I'm going to put BECKARNLEY 101-7997 Stabilizer Bushing Set, cause arte the only ones that I found that doesn't have the cut in the middle of the sway bar. The front shafts leak a grease but not a big deal, they aren't making any sound and they aren't that expensive, so in just going to wait until they wear out.

For the rear I'm only planning to change the coils springs moog also and sway bar links and bushings.

In going to put monroe for the struts and shocks, I know that are better ones.

All of this because a new set of michelin defender tires wear too fast 16000 miles.

Also transmission fluid change, here is other question, the transmission filter how good is to change it cause I know that is only a cloth like the one that is used in the A/C systems. Also planning to change the diferenttial oil.

BTW my pathy has 90000 miles :D and I'm a mechanical engineer so I'm not that lost about the how a car works.

Well that is about all cheers :wink:

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:22 pm

The Pathfinder is such a competitive design IMO even now.
When you have rejuvenated it you'll be driving a very nice SUV!!

Please post up pics for us!!!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”