The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
LED Headlights and Fog Lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slemmons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: LED Headlights and Fog Lights Reply with quote

Has anyone successfully installed LED Headlight Bulbs and LED Fog Light Bulbs, and if so, which brand fit without any modifications? Seems like every 9007 LED bulb I look up has a fan or fins that are way too big to fit.

2011 SV 4x4
underworld1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about installing LED's as headlights, but decided against it and just used high output regular bulbs. They look cool, but their overall light range output is incredibly poor. If you really do want LED's, you might take a look at these, https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/led-headlight-kit-9007-led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-built-in-fan/2114/. Get decent ones if you do, avoid the eBay knockoffs unless it's for a interior light or something like that.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
slemmons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about getting them, but still unsure. I have some SilverStar Ultras I got for my 97 Mustang GT and never used them. So I may just use those for the time being. Just gotta get the matching Fog Light bulbs. Keep it matching and what not lol. Thanks man!

underworld1001 wrote:
I was thinking about installing LED's as headlights, but decided against it and just used high output regular bulbs. They look cool, but their overall light range output is incredibly poor. If you really do want LED's, you might take a look at these, https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/led-headlight-kit-9007-led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-built-in-fan/2114/. Get decent ones if you do, avoid the eBay knockoffs unless it's for a interior light or something like that.

slemmons

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE*

So the SilverStar Ultras ARE pretty decently bright. Has anyone tried the ZXE bulbs in their Pathfinder?

I may switch up to those if there is that much of a difference. Fairly satisfied with the Ultras and didn't have to come out of pocket.

And is there a simple way to run a wire to have the fog lights on with the Parking lights and High Beams? With my Mustang, it was only one wire to run.
Firefighter3244

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please for the love of god don't get an LED bulb for your normal headlights.

I can't recomend a retrofit enough. Either LED or HID but with a proper
Projector installed into your headlihts.

I installed Morimoto MH1 7.0's into my wifes headlights. No drilling, No cutting involved.

Just took the lens off the headlights with a little heat (Oven) and the projector literally fit through the bulb hole! Just screws on to secure it.

You'll have 100x better headlight performance than ANY led buld you put into the factory reflector.

They sell LED units too that are projectors if you gotta have led. But the MH1 HID system still outperforms their LED Projectors anyways.....

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

I can get photos later if the install.
SETI20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see some pics!
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slemmons looks like you found your solution.

I upgraded my lights with these.

https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detail.jsp?ID=2622&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Xterra+Off-Road+4wd&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=

I put them in both my XTerra and my R51 (they both take same bulb)
Am very happy with the result.

Reason I went with these (and even waited until I could them online since local stores did not have them) is a guy whose judgement I trust said they last longer than other such product typically do.

They are a bit cheaper on Amazon by 2 bucks but I try to support any company except amazon as long as i can.

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: