The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2016 Pathfinder Big MPG Drop After Dealer Visit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dctommy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: 2016 Pathfinder Big MPG Drop After Dealer Visit Reply with quote

I love my Pathfinder. Got from 21 to 32 mpg until I took it into the dealer for tire pressure warning and oil change. They hooked it up to the computer and it’s starting to feel like Windows updates. Now I’m doing as low as 10 mpg around town and never above 21 mpg. I am desperate to reset the ECM to the factory settings when I bought it. The instructions they have on YouTube don’t work with the push button start. Wondering if unplugging the ECM relay will help reset it or if it’s all stored in an EPROM somewhere. Not even sure how to remove the relay without breaking it.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they reprogrammed the ECM with updated software, there is nothing you can do. The only way to go back to the old program is to have the ECM reprogrammed to the previous software program. To have the ECM go back to the base settings, you can disconnect the battery for a period, but this may erase the idle air volume memory and an idle air volume relearn may be needed afterwards.
Dctommy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

How can I prevent it from being reverted without my permission every time they do the nitrogen for my tires?
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't take it to the stealer... Smile

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
TejasMtnBiker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like they put it in limp mode by accident Id take it back and make them fix it thats too much of a drop, stealerships are known for sneaky roach methods like this to get you to bring it back in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: