The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
P1320 code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merrix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: P1320 code Reply with quote

Quick back story. I have been chasing a hesitation and lack of power issue for a while now. My entire ignition system is new and just replaced my fuel pump last weekend. I've gained power since the new pump but still have an issue of my engine stalling while sitting at a light or stop and/or occasional slow acceleration, mostly in reverse.

Now onto my issue this morning. In a medium to heavy acceleration, my engine shut off as if the key was switched off. I coasted to the side of the road and tried to start and no go. Took a few times but the engine finally fired up. Made it to work just fine. On break I checked my codes and had a P1320 and the usual knock sensor code. The engine did not want to start so after quick research on the code, I disconnected and cleaned what seems to be the condenser and had some luck. Engine fired right up. During lunch it took a little to get the engine running but once she started, it was all good. I made it home with no problems. Just took her easy.

Research shows it could be a bad coil (which is built into the distributor if I'm not mistaken), poor connections or something with a resistor of sorts? I believe my original distributor works fine so I'm thinking of just putting that back in and see if the problems continues.

Any and all advice is appreciated. I would like to get more info before I get dirty and bloody under the hood to chase this issue.

Thank you
Pathfindork

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which year R50? I think those components changed over the R50's run.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems consistent with a distributor failure. That's pretty common on the VG-series engines once they get some age/mileage on them. I try to avoid the aftermarket replacements, if possible, when replacing them. I go with the genuine Nissan remans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: