Do Armada Rear Springs Provide Lift?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

mic209

Do Armada Rear Springs Provide Lift?

Postby mic209 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 am

Been reading and searching on the forums and i’m still confused, do armada Rear Springs provide lift or just stiffen up the ride? Are the moog 81119 armada Springs? How much lift do they provide?

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi. I think this is an extra post to your prevous post.

I orderd mine from autozone
Part :
CS81085

With tape measurer before I was at 34.5,now 37 inches

There was a post a while back showing armada springs from I think AC Delco for around $40 + shipping.

When comparing the pathfinder to the armada springs. They are almost the same height, but the thickness of the armada is much more. This makes it both stiffer and the pathfinder sits higher because the springs wont compress as much since they are so thick.

One nice affect, no longer even close to bumping my head on the rear hatch when opening.

mic209

Postby mic209 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 pm

BullDozer wrote:Hi. I think this is an extra post to your prevous post.

I orderd mine from autozone
Part :
CS81085

With tape measurer before I was at 34.5,now 37 inches

There was a post a while back showing armada springs from I think AC Delco for around $40 + shipping.

When comparing the pathfinder to the armada springs. They are almost the same height, but the thickness of the armada is much more. This makes it both stiffer and the pathfinder sits higher because the springs wont compress as much since they are so thick.

One nice affect, no longer even close to bumping my head on the rear hatch when opening.
I think my first post, I posted and fell asleep right after so forgot about it, lol. I got on today and was like, wait what did I do.

Did you have any alignment issues?

Kilaman

Postby Kilaman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes it does lift the rear!! and yes it does put the rear camber out of adjustment. I am still looking for a rear camber kit.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:14 am

Check out my instagram, @dibofarrell

I have everything you need to know about armada springs on the path.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am

Kilaman wrote:Yes it does lift the rear!! and yes it does put the rear camber out of adjustment. I am still looking for a rear camber kit.
These supposedly work pretty well:

http://www.suspension.com/spf3977k

Gprice

Armada reader coil spring upgrade to Pathfinder

Postby Gprice » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Can someone tell me what year models will work? I have a 2008 Pathfinder . I am curious about swapping the rear springs with an Armada set. Do they need to be from the same year or is there a group of compatible year models?

BullDozer

Re: Armada reader coil spring upgrade to Pathfinder

Postby BullDozer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Gprice wrote:Can someone tell me what year models will work? I have a 2008 Pathfinder . I am curious about swapping the rear springs with an Armada set. Do they need to be from the same year or is there a group of compatible year models?
You should be safe with any 2004 - 2015 Armada. I think mine was a 2007 Armada for my 06 Pathfinder.

Mine still have not settled at least not enough to really measure. Still at 37.5 inches. A good 3 inch lift. Your alignment will be off.

Gprice

Postby Gprice » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Awesome. Thank you. That’s is around the lift I was looking for. I am thinking of getting the Rancho quick lift for the front. I’ve had some issues with it squatting too much in the back . So when I saw people using the Armanda springs, it made rethink the airlift.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 am

Gprice wrote:Awesome. Thank you. That’s is around the lift I was looking for. I am thinking of getting the Rancho quick lift for the front. I’ve had some issues with it squatting too much in the back . So when I saw people using the Armanda springs, it made rethink the airlift.

Your welcome. It will allow you to put much more cargo in the back. However, due to lift you will not be able to align, I have ordered (still to come in) the adjustable rear bushings - cost around $ 120. You will need this.

The airlift Plus medium duty springs is less lift- but I think you do not need the rear adjustable bushings then.

I will post a pic of my pathfinder with the Armada springs in rear next to a stock pathfinder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwylmjsmh50qx ... 1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phr9rb486y6gf ... 2.jpg?dl=0

mic209

Postby mic209 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 am

DiBo wrote:Check out my instagram, @dibofarrell

Over a year later and I finally requested you on IG, this weekend I'm finally doing the front rancho quick lift and rear Moog armada springs. I've had the parts sitting in my garage since last summer.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 pm

mic209 wrote:
DiBo wrote:Check out my instagram, @dibofarrell

Over a year later and I finally requested you on IG, this weekend I'm finally doing the front rancho quick lift and rear Moog armada springs. I've had the parts sitting in my garage since last summer.

He no longer owns a Pathy but im also in IG
trailfinder_pathy

kevinthefro

Postby kevinthefro » Wed May 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Last week I put in the Moog 81085 Armada SE rear springs and got 3.3" of lift over stock.
Chopping off a little more than a full coil brought it down to my target of 2", plus stiffened it up a bit more which I also wanted. Previously I was using the PRG spacer and Airlift bags.

I think this is a much better solution.
This is one full coil (360°) plus 77° aka 109mm aka 4-1/4":

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed May 22, 2019 5:18 pm

kevinthefro wrote:Last week I put in the Moog 81085 Armada SE rear springs and got 3.3" of lift over stock.
Chopping off a little more than a full coil brought it down to my target of 2", plus stiffened it up a bit more which I also wanted. Previously I was using the PRG spacer and Airlift bags.

I think this is a much better solution.
This is one full coil (360°) plus 77° aka 109mm aka 4-1/4":

Springs will settle you can always add a spacer after.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”