The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Squeaky Front End - 2008 Pathdfinder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandy1080

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathology wrote:
I have the behind the passenger seat one too. Haven't figured it out yet, but think I have it narrowed to the window molding.

Anyone else have the squeeking noise behind the passenger seat?

Also finally checked my receipt and on it, the description says that they found the noise coming from loose engine shield rubbing against the radiator. Hope that helps!
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed my bushings over the weekend. Had to pull out the cheater bar to help loosen the bolts, but it was a simple install overall. I've noticed that a lot of the sounds I used to hear while turning & going over a bump of some kind have all disappeared. Certainly worth the $6.00 I spent. I still have a bit of squeak coming from what sounds like the front suspension, so I'm hoping to rid myself of that with new coilovers.

The new bushing is on the left:

The old bushing. Note the gaps & spacing:

The new bushing.

dell30rb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have done a search. Going to check the hood and swaybar on my squeaky new car.
a fishin c

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrical tape around the round bar piece of the hood latch worked for me to stop the squeak that the stealer couldn't figure out. Found the idea somewhere on the internet. Replace tape as necessary.
McMac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the hood latch folks here. My squeak sounded like it was coming from the back. Drove me nuts. When I was at the dealer, I brought it up to my service writer (who was a wrencher for many years first). He said they get this complaint all the time. Told me to put a little electrical tape around the metal loop on the hood latch (as others have pointed out)- enough to snug it up, but not enough to prevent closing. Problem solved. Lasts about a year for me. Found that it works on our Subaru hatchback as well- stopped the squeak that's been there for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: