Squeaky Front End - 2008 Pathdfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Bandy1080

Postby Bandy1080 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 am

pathology wrote:I have the behind the passenger seat one too. Haven't figured it out yet, but think I have it narrowed to the window molding.
Anyone else have the squeeking noise behind the passenger seat?

Also finally checked my receipt and on it, the description says that they found the noise coming from loose engine shield rubbing against the radiator. Hope that helps!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm

I installed my bushings over the weekend. Had to pull out the cheater bar to help loosen the bolts, but it was a simple install overall. I've noticed that a lot of the sounds I used to hear while turning & going over a bump of some kind have all disappeared. Certainly worth the $6.00 I spent. I still have a bit of squeak coming from what sounds like the front suspension, so I'm hoping to rid myself of that with new coilovers.

The new bushing is on the left:

The old bushing. Note the gaps & spacing:

The new bushing.

dell30rb

Postby dell30rb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Should have done a search. Going to check the hood and swaybar on my squeaky new car.

a fishin c

Postby a fishin c » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Electrical tape around the round bar piece of the hood latch worked for me to stop the squeak that the stealer couldn't figure out. Found the idea somewhere on the internet. Replace tape as necessary.

McMac

Postby McMac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

I have to agree with the hood latch folks here. My squeak sounded like it was coming from the back. Drove me nuts. When I was at the dealer, I brought it up to my service writer (who was a wrencher for many years first). He said they get this complaint all the time. Told me to put a little electrical tape around the metal loop on the hood latch (as others have pointed out)- enough to snug it up, but not enough to prevent closing. Problem solved. Lasts about a year for me. Found that it works on our Subaru hatchback as well- stopped the squeak that's been there for years.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”