Engine Code - C1163

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jfunk617

Engine Code - C1163

Postby jfunk617 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am

Hello. I picked up my 05 Pathfinder from the shop yesterday after having a new transmission installed. (actually used) You guys know the deal with the coolant contamination.... :evil: Drove about 30 miles after leaving the shop and the "Service Engine Soon" light comes on. I get it scanned today and the code is C1163. Can anyone suggest what is going on? There were no codes or other problems before getting transmission replaced. So is this just a coincidence that the light now comes on or is related to the repair?

Thanks in advance for any help!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:35 am

I "googled" Nissan C1163, got this.......

https://www.autocodes.com/c1163_nissan.html

have you had any wheel alignment related work done recently?

here's a link to past forum topics on C1163.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=c1163+t ... 4&bih=1115

not knowing why it threw the code makes it difficult to say if it had anything to do with the trans replacement.
in order to know that, you'll probably need to diagnose & repair whatever is causing it, then decide.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm

There was a bulletin on this. It probably got set because the battery was disconnected during the trans replacement, which can cause the steering wheel position memory for the vehicle dynamic control system to get lost. Sometimes, you can get it to go out by steering the front wheel straight ahead, disconnecting the battery cable for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting the battery cable. Start the vehicle and drive over 25 MPH and the VDC/Slip lights will often turn off. If not, a CONSULT scan tool or similar aftermarket scan tool would be needed to relearn the steering wheel position. Many times when the steering angle sensor can't be relearned by the first method I described, the wheel alignment is off.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”