The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Help locating crankshaft position sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Help locating crankshaft position sensor Reply with quote

I'm getting a P0335 crankshaft sensor error. Maybe I'm being retarded, but I'm struggling to find the crankshaft position sensor. Looking at the service manual, I can tell it's somewhere on the passenger side of the engine (or transmission???). However, I'm struggling to make out other details in the service manual drawing to help me locate the sensor.

Can someone please give me some guidance on where to find the sensor? Do I have to remove some things to find it?

Also, if anyone has experience or knowledge of code P0335, I'd love any help! I've searched around the forum and found nothing. My first step towards debug is to find the sensor and see if there's a loose connection or if anything looks wrong with the sensor.

Thanks!
-Dan
Aerodan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Found it Reply with quote

Shoulda Googled around more. I found it. One has to take the passenger wheel off and then remove the black plastic wheel well cover. The sensor is fairly easy to see then.
shanti.vt1

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello instead of starting a new thread, I have a similar problem.

Hello

My pathfinder stalled going through a Starbucks Drive through LOL

Managed to start it up and came home and read the code of P0335.

Here what it say.

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit. Is this the once behind the engine ? Or behind the passenger front wheel ?

Thanks
shanti.vt1

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also could it be a battery that caused this. I know my battery needs replacing.
shanti.vt1

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Can any one reply please,

I have not had the error come up since I replaced the battery. I bought the part, should I replace it any ways ?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said, it "could" be the battery that causes this code...or, a bad battery cable connection. If the code has triggered since you replaced the battery, then that may have been the fix. Whether you want to replace a potentially good part is your call. It's not hard to locate once you get the passenger front wheel liner out of the way.
Aerodan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

Replacing the crank position sensor fixed my issue. I got a replacement part from O'Reillys for around $27 after tax. I've driven about 2000 miles on the new sensor, and I haven't had a problem. Prior the replacing the sensor, the vehicle couldn't make it more than 100 miles without dying or potentially not starting. Installing the new sensor was only slightly harder than changing oil.
art9988

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have code P0720 and some times transmission go to safe mode. Probably is problem with output speed sensor circuit but I dont know where it is. I was find only this sensor and change it to brand new but problem is all the time:

Last edited by art9988 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The output speed sensor is often referred to as the "revolution sensor" and would be Nissan P/N: 31935-1XJ0D. It should be near the back of the automatic transmission, on the bottom side of the extension housing, held in with a single bolt.
art9988

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
The output speed sensor is often referred to as the "revolution sensor" and would be Nissan P/N: 31935-1XJ0D. It should be near the back of the automatic transmission, on the bottom side of the extension housing, held in with a single bolt.

My PATH probably dont get in this place. Maybe I dont see that.

element808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall, the output speed sensor is inside the transmission. There are no sensors externally on the transmission. The transmission should only have a single plug (F9) to the control valve assy.
art9988

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

element808 wrote:
If I recall, the output speed sensor is inside the transmission. There are no sensors externally on the transmission. The transmission should only have a single plug (F9) to the control valve assy.

Hi again.
How fix it ? have you this speed sensor for this transmission ? or where I can buy it ? please help me because in europ is very big problem with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: