The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Introduction and some questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Sonora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Introduction and some questions... Reply with quote

My name is Chris, I live in Chapala, Mexico and study reptiles and amphibians in the remote mountains of Mexico. I am a Toyota guy.... and have always had Tacomas and 4runner. I currently have a 2005 4x4 Tacoma TRD Sport and a 2011 4x4 4runner SR5. In June I bought a 2010 4x4 Pathfinder LE to complement the 4runner as a "team mover" in the more dangerous mountains. Nissans are more common here and their less "aggressive" styling is less likely to get you kid-napped / shot at in some of the more dubious sierras.

That being said, I have noticed the Nissan will need a bit more modifications than the Toyotas to put up with the crap we put our trucks through... so I am currently looking to lift the Nissan.

I have put King Remote Reservoir Coil-overs on the front of the Pathy which gave me about 2.5" of lift. I just purchased some Fox Remote Reservoir shocks for the back and OME 1"lift coils to hopefully achieve 1-2" of lift in the back. I will then be adding PRG spacers to lift the truck a bit further to fit over-sized wheels.

Question number 1: Is anyone running this set-up? I couldn't find anything on this site but know of at least one guy in Baja who is running this set-up.

Question number 2: This pathy has the 18 inch rims which came stock with the LE. I really don't like 18 inch rims (or even 17 for that matter) as the more rubber the better in the terrain we are in. However, I have to admit they look good. What are the most agressive mud-terrains available for our 18 inch rims? I know I could run BFG Mud Terrains and I am currently running them on two vehicles... however, I used to run Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs... and I think I prefer them. Anyone know of any Pathys running these??? I saw photos of one from Spain but they were on 16s... Any other good, agressive, mud terrains out there for 18 inch rims that will fit on a pathy.

Question number 3: Any good sway bar disconnects? I couldn't find any....

Question number 4: The lights on the Pathy really suck. We look for snakes on highways at night so lights are really paramount. I found some good LED bulbs for the fog lights down here, but the ones I purchased for the Headlights did not switch between Hi/Lo. I am back on Halogen Philips lights but they are no good. I bought the most expensive ones too.... any suggestions? Morimoto??? Any led solutions? Should I just say "to hell with it" and put a Rigid Industries light bar on the front.

Thank you very much (everyone) for all the useful information on this forum. It has already been very useful and I have only been lurking for a few months... looking forward to participate more. Thanks in advance for any help with my noobie questions.

Cheers,

Chris
kennynnek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome chris,

king coils arent too popular on this thread, but i'd love to see them!

youve probably already done a little research and have found that there arent any projector headlights for our year of the pathfinder, i have lED's in my fogs and have HID's for my normal headlights although they scatter light very bad and i feel bad driving down the road blinding everyone.

retrofitting in projector lights is an option but pretty spendy.

a few people have put light bars in the little opening area in the front bumper, that looks clean!

please post pics lol
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found these bulbs to be an excellent upgrade . I have them both on my XTerra and on my 12 Pathfinder:

https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detail.jsp?ID=2622&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Xterra+Off-Road+4wd&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=

Also I made sure my lights were angled down too much.

Some people angle the Foglights up a bit and that can really add to total light output then.

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: