Nissan Pathfinder R51 2005 NO ESP

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Karim biscanin

Nissan Pathfinder R51 2005 NO ESP

Postby Karim biscanin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 am

Hey there!

I wanna ask i have 2005 Nissan Pathfinder with no esp. Is there possible to install esp and other components that come with that? What i need to change it.

Thank you

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 pm

I wouldn't think it would be a practical install based on time and expense of such a project. ESP combines the ABS and Traction Control System and engine management system. It uses steering wheel angle sensors, a yaw sensor and G-sensor and the wiring harness is likely different for those vehicles with it. It would probably be a lot cheaper to trade your vehicle in and purchase a vehicle with ESP already installed, IMO.

Karim biscanin

Postby Karim biscanin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Oh okey thats kinda sad haha anyway thank you! Do you know why i cant see my fuel consumption on the trip computer i dont have option or anything but i can see the lines that is there. Its kinda weird dont know how i dont have esp and those things in my Pathfinder...

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Karim biscanin wrote:Oh okey thats kinda sad haha anyway thank you! Do you know why i cant see my fuel consumption on the trip computer i dont have option or anything but i can see the lines that is there. Its kinda weird dont know how i dont have esp and those things in my Pathfinder...
Not all Pathys have the ability to display mpg.. it depends on the options.
The readouts were however likely same parts between trims.

Karim biscanin

Postby Karim biscanin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:41 am

Okey thank you for answers. Do you know any LSD or lockable diff for Pathy? Is there a way to put from navara D40 rear diff to pathy do they have same or similar parts and install segment?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 am

The R51 Pathfinder has independent suspension, so it's different than the straight axle used in the Xterra and Frontier/Navara. The R51 has electronic limited-slip; the front and rear diffs are open-type, but it uses the anti-lock brake system to lock the wheel that is spinning to put the power to the wheel that has traction. Several manufacturers use this system, including Mercedes Benz on some of their SUVs, and it works pretty well. If you want a true locker, there are some options. ARB makes an air-locker setup for these vehicle, I believe. I'm sure there is more info somewhere on these forums. Try the search feature.

Karim biscanin

Postby Karim biscanin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:41 am

Yea i know that they have lsd but mine doesnt have this option. I tried on 4h and 4low same thing only two wheels spinning. I tried even wight braking but no success. I saw for 1000 eur from australia E diff which can be installed to rear diff. Thanks for all answers

Return to “R51 Electrical”