PATHFINDER R50 RARITY

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

nissanlover

PATHFINDER R50 RARITY

Postby nissanlover » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Hello all,

I just bought my 2nd Pathfinder and I think this one is a rare package. She is a 2002 SE with the VQ35DE, Part-time 4WD, 5-speed manual transmission and a manual 2WD/4WD selector lever. She also has full power options including the moon roof, tilt steering with wheel controls, roof mounted compass/thermometer, 6 speakers with a Bose amplifier behind the driver side rear quarter panel, towing package, Home Link transmitter in the driver side sun visor, dual illuminated mirrored sun visors, nerf/step bars and Warn manual locking hubs. She has a goldish-silver paint with beige/tan cloth interior and black plastic trim on the beige/tan dash. Is this a rare configuration?

I have only seen one R50 Pathfinder with a 5MT (mine) and apparently, 2002 was the last year of the manual transmissions for the Pathfinders. Is that correct??

Thanks again and Semper Fidelis,
Tony

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I guess one could say it's "somewhat" rare. R50's with manual transmissions are less common than ones with automatic trannies in the US. Both the VQ35DE and the manual transmission were available on 2001 through 2004 Pathfinders. The WARN hubs, however, were not original; originally, it would have had Nissan automatic hubs....but, the WARN units are stronger units compared to the auto hubs. You might try posting on Nissan's Facebook site or calling their customer service hotline to see if they can give you production numbers for the manual transmission in 2002. Their # is 1-800-NISSAN-1.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”