P0455 - EVAP large leak

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

cdretc

P0455 - EVAP large leak

Postby cdretc » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:59 pm

I need some help. Bought a Pathy with this engine code. Replaced the EVAP canister vent control valve. Also replaced the fuel filler cap. Code comes back after a few miles of driving (when stopping). I looked through the system, used soapy water and can't find any leak, let alone a large(r) one. So now suspecting the EVAP canister volume control solenoid valve. From the name it would seem that I should feel this valve turning on and off. Just not sure when that would happen. From what I know, the EVAP turns on when the car starts, so this should click when you turn the car on. Firstly, is this correct? Can someone check if they can feel this solenoid turn on/off? It is located under the hood at the front, slightly off center (to the left), very close to the EVAP service port. It is grey colour and has a power attached to it and an EVAP line in and out. Any other ideas would be great. I know smoking it would be great, but I don't have access to a machine. Thanks!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”