The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
connecting aftermarket headunit and retaining hvac controls?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
paradigm



Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: connecting aftermarket headunit and retaining hvac controls? Reply with quote

Is there a way to connect an aftermarket double din head unit and still retain the hvac controls other than using the Metra 99-7620B kit? I have a 2010 LE with the bose audio system and no nav.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmerwmd
Moderator


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 298
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
See my other post Smile
_________________
"Rifle first, Rifle last, Rifle always"

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tkatt916



Joined: 08 Feb 2016
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a double din but I have a single din in the lower pocket. I get the Metra dashkit at cost, and I won’t put it in. It’s garbage. I used a 7552 t-harness to retain the factory screen and heater controls. Cut the outputs of the t harness from the factory radio and connected to the outputs of the Pioneer I put in. Works just dandy. I did have to shave the pocket about an 1/8 of an inch both sides. Used a 1/4 retaining ring to cover up any of the cage showing from the radio. I have pics. I do installs on cars, you think I could figure out how to put a picture on here. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Number 1 rule of anything automotive: Fast, Cheap, Reliable.......PICK 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paradigm



Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkatt916 wrote:
Not a double din but I have a single din in the lower pocket. I get the Metra dashkit at cost, and I won’t put it in. It’s garbage. I used a 7552 t-harness to retain the factory screen and heater controls. Cut the outputs of the t harness from the factory radio and connected to the outputs of the Pioneer I put in. Works just dandy. I did have to shave the pocket about an 1/8 of an inch both sides. Used a 1/4 retaining ring to cover up any of the cage showing from the radio. I have pics. I do installs on cars, you think I could figure out how to put a picture on here. Rolling Eyes


This sounds great. Is your stock stereo a bose or non bose?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paradigm



Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmerwmd wrote:
Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
See my other post Smile

Sorry about the late reply. Which other post are you speaking to?

I really need to get rid of this stock stereo now that the bose subwoofer is blown, and I really want to be able to navigate my mp3's via usb easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smj999smj
Moderator


Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 4746
Location: Prospect, VA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paradigm wrote:
palmerwmd wrote:
Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
See my other post Smile

Sorry about the late reply. Which other post are you speaking to?

I really need to get rid of this stock stereo now that the bose subwoofer is blown, and I really want to be able to navigate my mp3's via usb easily.


If it's the subwoofer speakers that are blown, you can get new speakers direct from Bose for around $60 each, FYI.
_________________
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, Nitto Dura Grappler P265/65R17, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group