P0335

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

P0335

Postby not on the rug » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 pm

So...driving home today about 45mph and the pathy clunked and the check engine light flashed on for about a second and then went right back off.

Afterwards, the truck definitely had less power and didnt feel right at all. It wasn't in full limp mode, but it definitely wasn't 100%

The check engine light was out, but when I got home I checked for a code. Sure enough it was P0335. Crankshaft position sensor.

The clunk and lack of power seems to make sense, right? Why did the engine light not stay on?

Gotta get to googling to see if I can DIY it or I need to bring it to my buddy's shop.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:41 am

Crank position sensor failure is not uncommon on these vehicles. It's not to hard to access. The front, passenger side wheel has to be removed. Some remove the plastic, wheel well liner and some bend it out of the way; I find removing it to be easier, but it helps to have a few plastic clips because the original ways often break when trying to remove them. With the liner removed, you'll see the CPS held in with a 10MM head bolt. Unplug the harness and bolt and remove sensor; reverse to install. It's best to stick with a genuine Nissan part, if possible.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”