The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
busted hinge on the rear glass gate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBeavis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: busted hinge on the rear glass gate Reply with quote

2005 SE 4x4
so this morning the rear glass gate clocked me on the head as i went to open it. turns out that its right hinge is busted. the (upper) part attached to the main body seems to be fine, but the (lower) one attached to the glass gate is broken.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/UnYH82zisbIx3A7u2[/img]

i rummaged through some posts here and gathered some info, including where to buy it. its a no-brainer for $43 apiece. however, my issue is with the fact that its attached to glass. how easy would it be to pop off the broken portion and attach a new one? also, would i be correct to assume that the pin from the upper part would have to be removed at some point, and then reinserted back once the broken lower part is replaced and is ready to be "married" to the upper?

thanks!
DrBeavis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it looks like removing the part attached to the glass is quite easy, as its held by a single torx bolt. does anyone happen to know what size it is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: