2001 pathfinder LE won’t crank and tranny doesn’t functi

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Jartmanjr

2001 pathfinder LE won’t crank and tranny doesn’t functi

Postby Jartmanjr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:46 pm

I have a 2001 pathfinder LE that was running and driving fine I just put a new battery, alternator and starter in within the last few months and everything was fine. In the middle of a snow storm I noticed the 2 lights in the bash that show you it’s in 2wheel drive weren’t lit up, so I tried to put it in 4 wheel drive and it didn’t go. When I stopped and turned the truck off it never started again. I had it towed home and I realized that the ignition wire to the starter isn’t getting any power, I checked all fuses and they were fine. So I plugged a wire into the ignition wire on the starter and touched the pos on the battery the it cranked over and then started. When I took it for a drive I realized my tranny is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. I can manually put it into first and then it only goes into whatever gear it’s stuck in when I shift it into 2nd or drive. The OD light won’t come on and I also noticed my backup lights won’t light up. All of these things happened at once. I have changed the Transmission control module and it didn’t help at all, I have no clue what else it could be, any help is greatly appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:02 pm

It sounds like you either have an open fuse or fusible link. If you can't find any that are blown, I would start by doing the diagnosis on the reverse lights and perhaps when you find the problem there, it will also be the same problem that is affecting the others. You should have access to a factory service manual for your vehicle to help you diagnose your problem(s). Nico Club's site has free, downloadable manuals.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”