The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Replaced rear coil springs and Airlift 1000 today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Replaced rear coil springs and Airlift 1000 today Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

So we are planning a big Florida road trip, leaving on Wednesday, and I've been meaning to get my Airlift 1000 bags replaced, as they were now toast. I've had the kit for a few months already, but time and crappy weather got in the way, and here we are!

So once I got underneath the truck, I looked at the suspect bag, and immediately realized that the coil on that side was also broken. Damn.

It being Sunday, options were limited, and I got in touch with Partsource but they didn't have it. I ended up going with NAPA, and they had their store brand on the shelf, but they are made by Federal Mogul, and in the USA, so I went for it. $190 Canadian for the pair. A little steep, but time is tight, and unless you have time on your side, its hard to save money on parts.

Install was not that bad at all. Had to remove the bottom bolt under the lower arm (not the control arm) and it came out with little effort. That allowed the arm to drop, which pretty much allowed the old spring to fall out of the truck. Installation was just as simple, though I did take the time to install the airbag in the spring before putting it in. A little help from my jack (you need about 12" of lift starting at about 5") and it lined right up and slid the bolt back in and tightened it down.

Easy peasy. Hooked up the air lines for my Airlift, and we are in business.

Like most repairs, my experience is you don't really notice much from a ride perspective. Same was true for this repair, no magical change in the ride, though I am sure it will be noticeable during our road trip.

Anyways, that was my fun on this Sunday evening. Its our anniversary too, so I got in a little trouble for that, but what are ya gonna do? lol.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a great safe trip! Smile

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: