The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Has anyone removed their running boards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarebody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Has anyone removed their running boards? Reply with quote

I am thinking of removing the running boards, has anyone done this or thought of removing them? If so, please send a pic of them removed.

Is this unheard of, or sort of an option thing? I think it may look more off-roadish without them. I've never liked "accessories"...or are they standard equip?
HiBRiD109

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3084&start=540

Just go through the photos, you will see a few members without them. I am still contemplating about taking them off. I like the look without them but I like the ability to get to the roof for gear, kayaks, lumber, etc. and that they kind of deflect rock and road debris a little since I have a LE and don't have the splash guards. I think they are standard on at least the US models but I can be wrong. They are really just cheap plastic with a then metal bar inside with 3 brackets holding them up.

If I remember correctly, there are 6 studs on each side. You remove the boards from the brackets first. Then remove the nuts on the 12 studs to remove the running board brackets (3 on each side I believe, 2 studs per bracket).
squarebody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I've got the SE model, it has the splash guards. The running boards do have some bend to them when you stand on them. I don't put much up on the roof anyway. I'm taking them off to see how it goes. Three brackets on each, two studs per bracket.
squarebody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took off the running boards, looks great!!! no more "low pro"
TNhunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2012 S model that I purchased last March. It doesn't have them. I bought a used set right after I bought the Pathfinder and have never installed them. I like the look of the Pathy without them.
DirtDgr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took mine off long ago. Looks way better imo. Plus I think they are in the way getting in and out.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest benefit for me having them is it makes it a lot easier to wash the roof.
SETI20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
Biggest benefit for me having them is it makes it a lot easier to wash the roof.
This is a valid point.
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed mine.

I think the truck looks more hardcore because of it...
Also I know in an emergency off road maneuver during the zombie apocalypse I am less likely to hang up on something.

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Kestral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it! I hate you guys with long legs! If I removed mine I would need a running start to jump in my Pathy! I'm keeping my running boards right where they belong.
anrew1334

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took mine off because the plastic is faded and looks ugly compared to the nicely polished and cared for paint, im thinking about repainting them, and using plastidip but idk if ittl hold up to being stepped on
Tiggerpunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine off and replaced them with rock sliders. Now, I just need to "rhino-line" the rock sliders as rust is starting to appear after many years of Northeast driving.
2012 Pathfinder Silver Edition (R51 K12 with Sunroof): Nitrogen-filled Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70R17 - Level 8 MK6 – Gorilla Acorn Black Chrome Lug Nuts - Rocky Road Super Sliders - Rancho suspension (Loaded quickLIFT + RS9000™XL + Rear Spacers) - EBC Stage 3 Truck and SUV Brake Kit (EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors + EBC GreenStuff 6000 Brake Pads) - K&N 77 Series CAI - Weather Tech Floor Mats - Air Lift 1000 - Rigid D2 Fog Lights
2005 Pathfinder SE
1995 Pathfinder SE
mikedkap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are long gone. Easiest extra clearance you'll ever get. About to buy rock sliders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: