SLIP Indicator

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

jfunk617

SLIP Indicator

Postby jfunk617 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Ive recently been having an issue when driving. I have only noticed it while driving around a loop such as getting on the interstate. While turning to the left, at speeds anywhere from 30-50 MPH the slip indicator light comes on and i feel a vibration as similar to abs kicking in. What is going on?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm

It could be one of a number of things, but the first thing I would do is check the front wheel bearings for any excessive play.

Flanker7

Postby Flanker7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am

I totally agree with smj999smj.

I recently experienced a problem with my slip light. The VDC reset would always work. HOWEVER, I had idling issues, stalling issues, and the VDC would come on at the same time. Through searching this forum, I found a gamut of results from ABS system to ECM to a switch in the brake pedal malfunctioning, to vacuum issues, etc.

Mine ended up being a coolant temp sensor that went bad. It was only occurring during below 0 temps (I'm in the Northeast). Got it fixed and had no more issues.

THEN, my wife took the pathy for a day and the dash blew up on her. She said the 4wd indicator would flash, ABS warning lights went on, VDC, Slip. Ended up, we had the front driver side wheel bearing go bad. Still, that was the first time we experienced a bearing go bad in that way.

I know this probably isn't all that helpful, but definitely try checking your bearings first. After that, start paying extremely close attention to your pathy, environmental conditions, who's driving, their style, anything you can think of, because (as far as for me) it's like that part of the warning system covers an awful lot.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”