The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
All-Terrain Tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Brakes, Tires and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverfox16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: All-Terrain Tires Reply with quote

Hi guys! I am planning to buy a set of all-terrain tires for my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL. Is anyone here familiar with Toyo Tires' Open Country A/T? A friend recommended it to me.
JayArras

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Putting all terrain tires on a R52 crossover does not make it a SUV. Save your money.
Thupertrooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all terrains I would recommend some BFG Ko2 all terrains I have them on my full size truck and do great on road and off

Most Discount tire shops dont carry Toyo only Nittos but they are the same
2005 OR Pathy V6 Volant CAI----Lift-Long Travel front(5+ lift) Drop bracket rear 4" plus armada springs and spacers. Airlift1000(uneeded now) Longer 5100s. ---Lokka front locker. --- 35s on stock rims. --- Custom rear bumper---Kenwood2m HAM Midland CB Firestik --- FSR Series Small Canopy Roof Top Tent(If in the market DM for deals) ---
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toyo Open Country A/T II is a good tire. The Nitto Terra Grappler is the same, structurally, with a different tread. Toyo owns Nitto. Personally, I prefer the Nittos. There are better A/T tires on the market, including the Falken WildPeak A/T AT3W, the Michelin LTX A/T2, the Continental TerrainContact A/T, and the Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner A/T.
Now, that said, JayArras does bring up a good point. The question is, "Does where and how you drive your vehicle warrant all-terrain tires?" Unless you do a lot of off-road driving in your R52, all-terrain tires aren't the best choice. If you drive on most highways, paved roads and maybe even an occasional, light off-roading, you will probably be better off with All-season, Crossover/SUV tires, like the Kumho Crugen Premium, the Hankook Dynapro HP2 or Toyot Open Country Q/T....or even a All-season truck tire, like the Continental Cross Contact LX20 Ecoplus, the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, the Firestone Destination LE 2, Kumho Crugen HT51 or Hankook Dynapro HT, the latter two I have on my 06 and 08 Pathfinder and am very happy with both.
Tirerack.com has a tire decision calculator at their site which might help you decide what type of tires would be best for your needs. If you put A/T tires on your R52 and do mostly highway driving, you may not like the ride quality of the vehicle afterwards as much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Brakes, Tires and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: