Lift me up.

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

TooTallMike

Lift me up.

Postby TooTallMike » Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

Hey everyone. First and foremost thank you for reading this post and I apologize in advance if I'm making zero sense because I'm new to the lift world.
I have an 07 pathy 4x4 se that has 110k miles. I'm tooling up and aquiring parts to lift it. I'd like about a 2-3" lift just to help prevent the bottoming out I encounter when going hunting on some of the roads. So I've done A LOT of reading on here and elsewhere but as soon as I think I have it figured out I read something else that takes the wind right out of my sails. What exactly would I need to do a suspension lift of that amount exactly? Here is what I've kinda set myself up for and please let me know if I'm in the ballpark or not even close. Thank you guys !

Rear armada springs. Same height just thicker
Bilstein shocks
OEM camber bolt kit x6 to go all the way around
Uca bushing for the back or is it the front?
What springs or strut combo would make the front right?
Anything else I need?
Thanks again.
-Mike.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Wed May 02, 2018 1:25 pm

What is your budget?
Nisstec.com sells complete kits or you can mix match how you want.

Lifting the front ~2" will result with coil bucket contact.
Lifting the rear will make it difficult for shops to align but 4x4parts.com sells camber bolts to help just pricy.

Rockauto sell camber bolts I believe if not rough country.
Adjustable front coilovers will be the best for preference. Radflo is the most common.

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm

I'd say 400-600? Or anything you'd recommend. I feel like there is a diminishing point if return when it comes to shelling out a lot for what you want. I just want something practical and quality without breaking the bank. I appreciate you're reply and further guidance.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Wed May 02, 2018 6:19 pm

TooTallMike wrote:I'd say 400-600? Or anything you'd recommend. I feel like there is a diminishing point if return when it comes to shelling out a lot for what you want. I just want something practical and quality without breaking the bank. I appreciate you're reply and further guidance.

For around $500
Coil spacer up front. Walmart.com has $67 3 inch front. One of my posts
Front camber escentric bolt. Check out smj stickie. Around $100 for front four
Rear armada springs around $140 autozone but I think Ac delco around $40 + shipping, 4 rear adjustable control arm bushing. Suspension pro around $121.

Then 4 wheel alignment. Around $80
—————. $500 ———-

If you can afford about five hundred more dollars - rancho quick lift front struts with rear shocks. Around $550 but no need for front coil spacers - $67
————around $ 1000. —————

You need the escentric bolts for the front and you need adjustable rear bushings for the rear. The rear has adjustable rear escentric bolts but you will need the adjustable bushings after Armada springs. The front did not come with front eccentric bolts, except for 2005.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Thu May 03, 2018 11:30 am

Cheapest
Front strut spacer or bilstein 5100s
Rear armada springs and longer shocks

To help with coilbucket contact cbc you will need new UCAs. Spc(or rockautos version of them).

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”