Nissan pathfinder 2008 limp mode

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Kaz Barton

Nissan pathfinder 2008 limp mode

Postby Kaz Barton » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 am

Hi I have a 2008 pathfinder and its in limp mode with no lights or fault codes on it just can't get it off we have tryet all things I have read taken it to a garage and they have put in on there machine but nothing . Has anyone else had this or can help what could be wrong I am at my wits end now .
I have had a new exsorst fitted new dpf fitted new EGR fitted and a valve fitted .

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 am

Well, let's start with some more information. What country are you in and what engine, because North American models don't have EGR valves. Is this a diesel engine?

Kaz Barton

Postby Kaz Barton » Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 am

Hi in the UK norfolk and mine does have a EGR I have a nissan pathfinder 2008 r51, 2.5 ,diesel

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 01, 2018 9:02 am

Yeah, that's what I thought. The majority of our members are from North America and when they see "Norfolk" as a location, their first thought might be Norfolk, Virginia, USA. We here in North America unfortunately didn't receive the diesel option in our R51 Pathfinders; it's either the VQ40DE V6 or the 5.6L V8 gas engines from which to pick.
We do have a few members from the UK, Australia and other places that have the diesel engines, so hopefully one of them will be able to provide some answers for you soon!

labsy

Postby labsy » Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I've had numerous limp mode situations after I installed "sport" cone-shaped air filter. The air resistance was too low via the new sport filter, so turbulence was not right at MAF air sensor on intake hose.
So I had to relocate MAF sensor some 15cm (some 6 inches) downwards by the air intake pipe, away from new air filter and towards turbo intake. Now the sensor is mounted into curved rubber pipe, just at the begining of curve and limp mode is gone.

Another issues I had were after many dusty off-road trips, the same MAF sensor got dirty and had to spray it with dedicated cleaning spray and problems are gone.

Maybe none of those apply to you, but just in case I suggest you get hands on some good MAF sensor cleaning spray, like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/CRC-Sensor-Cle ... or+cleaner and give it a shot before trying anything else. Anyways, it will come handy in the future for regular maintenance.

Kaz Barton

Postby Kaz Barton » Sun May 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi thank you for your support I have cleaned the MAF sensor as was bad but still nothing the car is now in a garage to find out what's going on been there 1 week and still can't find out why in limp mode for 3 weeks now . Let alone I only got the pathfinder in December and done 2000 miles in it . I am lost do not know where to go now

Return to “R51 General Chat”