The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
True factory tire size question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JesseVoss

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: True factory tire size question Reply with quote

Hello,

First time post from a newbie with his first Pathfinder. It's a 2012 Silver edition 4x4 bought used with just 20k miles. I traded in my loved yet aging 2007 Expedition EL on this thing and except for having to get accustomed to the downsizing, my wife and I are truly enjoying the vehicle although mileage could be better but I didn't go into that blind.
Anyway, I noticed with the factory 265/65-17's, the speedo reads 3 mph under. I have read the Pathfinder was actually calibrated for 265/70-17's and replacing the tires with this size fixes the speedo, although I can't really confirm that. Can anyone shed a little light on the subject for me? I'm looking at getting some Grabber's or Toyo's so I need to resolve this issue. This is our family hauler/road trip vehicle and my DD so I'm not going to do any major modifications, although I did remove those shin-busting running boards. My 2006 F150 is my mod-toy vehicle and she's coming along nicely.

Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=68199&sid=d58918dc66dac293bc5f41aa75406001
Creative video advertising agency

Thank you
underworld1001

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put 265/70s on mine. The original size, 265/65 did read a little off from the GPS and those digital displays that show when you're over the speed limit on the highway/freeways. The good thing is that you have to try a little harder to speed.

I know when I had my Tacoma, the move up to 1 size bigger tire put the speedo in directly in check. I suppose the computer was calibrated for the factory 17in vs the factory 16in that I had or at . In the case of the Pathfinder, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case as well.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)

Last edited by underworld1001 on Sat May 19, 2018 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the speedo is calibrated for the taller tires used on the SE-Off Road. Similar condition exists on the Frontiers in that it seems to be calibrated for the Pro-4X model. For the most part, it's not a big issue, but if you want your speedo to be "spot-on," then changing to the larger tires will correct that. Don't forget about the spare tire!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: