The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Rear lower camber bolts? Does anyone make them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ractive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Rear lower camber bolts? Does anyone make them? Reply with quote

Does any company make rear camber bolts? I'm having problems finding them. Repair shop says i need new bushings and camber bolts since the ones now are frozen. I've tried it myself and they will not budge. I torched it hot and PB blasted it also. Rusty Sad

Thanks
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty common and often they have to be cut out using a Sawzall. The eccentric camber bolts are the same as the ones for the front. My recommendation is to stick with genuine Nissan bolts as they are made better than most of the aftermarkets. If you have any sort of lift, offset bushings are available on the aftermarket, but, if not, Nissan or aftermarket bushings will be fine. Compare the cost of R&R new bushings versus the price of a new control arm from Rockauto.

Refer this post for part numbers:

http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=11989
Ractive

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a good trusted site for the bolts I need? OEM?
https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981248-pathfinder-rear-suspension-camber-alignment-kit.html

Looks like I just need 1 kit? I think I'll buy new control arms from rockauto.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, those are them and 4x4parts.com is a good company to deal with!
Thupertrooper

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ractive wrote:
Is this a good trusted site for the bolts I need? OEM?
https://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981248-pathfinder-rear-suspension-camber-alignment-kit.html

Looks like I just need 1 kit? I think I'll buy new control arms from rockauto.

You can try rockauto nisstec rough country to price check
2005 OR Pathy V6 Volant CAI----Lift-Long Travel front(5+ lift) Drop bracket rear 4" plus armada springs and spacers. Airlift1000(uneeded now) Longer 5100s. ---Lokka front locker. --- 35s on stock rims. --- Custom rear bumper---Kenwood2m HAM Midland CB Firestik --- FSR Series Small Canopy Roof Top Tent(If in the market DM for deals) ---
Ractive

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the other sites but either they didn't have it or they just have the aftermarket ones that i didn't want. All parts on order and hopefully the repair goes well. Thanks guys
kevinthefro

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you put the new bolts in slather them with grease! It will keep them from rusting in place again.
Ractive

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on the rear end and now I'm stuck. I ordered bushings for the rear lower spring arm that connects to the chassis not the knuckle. The bushing that uses the camber bolt was the wrong part. Does anyone know where i can get them?[/img]
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan sells it only as part of the complete suspension link. Good news is that the link, P/N 551B0-EA500, is only around $40 from online Nissan sites like NissanPartsDeal.com
Ractive

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find the bushing that I needed. Bushing was a direct fit! Only place I found was on Ebay....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arm-Bushing-For-Rear-Rod-FEBEST-NAB-208-OEM-551B0-EA500/222331172238?epid=206072204&hash=item33c3f8758e:g:B40AAOSwVNxaHtk1

Hope this helps anyone who is going through the same problem I'm having. All parts are in and including new pads, rotors, and shocks installed and waiting for alignment. Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: