Please help to diagnose a P0420 Code

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ArchosOne

Please help to diagnose a P0420 Code

Postby ArchosOne » Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Trying to figure out if I have vacuum leak, a fuel system issue, ignition system issue, or failed catalytic converters on my 2006 PF 4.0. P0420 Is the only warning light coming on. However, I am trying to go from, least expensive issues to "F#@K... It cost how much to fix?"

I do have a blue tooth scanner plugged in and I am running the Throttle App. Got the O2 V meters going but not sure what else to monitor to help with the diagnosis.

I love my Pathfinder, and have owned it since the odometer was on 28K. Now it is pushing 160K. I have already done quite a few repairs to keep it going. New Transmission, front cats replaced and the even got the radiator replaced under the recall. I am willing to fix whatever is wrong, I am on a budget so throwing money at it till the code goes away is not an option. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

TooTallMike

Re: Please help to diagnose a P0420 Code

Postby TooTallMike » Thu May 24, 2018 5:01 pm

[quote="ArchosOne"]Trying to figure out if I have vacuum leak, a fuel system issue, ignition system issue, or failed catalytic converters on my 2006 PF 4.0. P0420 Is the only warning light coming on. However, I am trying to go from, least expensive issues to "F#@K... It cost how much to fix?"

I do have a blue tooth scanner plugged in and I am running the Throttle App. Got the O2 V meters going but not sure what else to monitor to help with the diagnosis.

I love my Pathfinder, and have owned it since the odometer was on 28K. Now it is pushing 160K. I have already done quite a few repairs to keep it going. New Transmission, front cats replaced and the even got the radiator replaced under the recall. I am willing to fix whatever is wrong, I am on a budget so throwing money at it till the code goes away is not an option. Can someone help me out?
Thanks![/quote]

What are your sensors reading at? And have you replaced them before?

ArchosOne

Postby ArchosOne » Fri May 25, 2018 7:51 am

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Are you asking what my O2 Sensors are telling me? The only sensor readings I have set up are Volts and they are reading normal based on this other post I looked at.

I have pretty much the same reading as this person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX-V8rIE5nM

That is why I am asking whet else should I be tracking?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”