Anyone install led headlamps with great success?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

jag19651

Anyone install led headlamps with great success?

Postby jag19651 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:14 pm

I am thinking of installing led headlamps and fog lights
There are soooo many choices on the internet
I am thinking the Cree 100 white lights

Anyone have any input for me ?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Anyone install led headlamps with great success?

Postby palmerwmd » Mon May 28, 2018 7:06 pm

jag19651 wrote:I am thinking of installing led headlamps and fog lights
There are soooo many choices on the internet
I am thinking the Cree 100 white lights

Anyone have any input for me ?
I heard a lot of folks were not happy w/ aftermarket LEDs and in the end I did not go that route.

Of course u can control the color of the light w/ aftermarket LEDs and if thats what u are after they are an option.

The road I took was to upgrade both headlights with this:

https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detai ... er+Edition

Very happy with the results.

eruby

Postby eruby » Tue May 29, 2018 4:59 am

jag19651 wrote: Anyone have any input for me ?
There are so many choices out there with prices all over the board and they are changing every day. I went the cheap route to start and really do like the results. Here's some reading:
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/36- ... 17-sv.html
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/36- ... ights.html
I didn't do before and after but the second thread does show after pics of the bulbs I got off Amazon. I paid $25.99 per pair, I think they are $32.99 per pair now.

TheHawk!

Postby TheHawk! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:08 pm

I have a set of the opt seven brand from Amazon in a 2007 Honda accord and they work great good distance excellent brightness perfect white color no flickering and no warm-up time but I’ll put the same set up in my ram and with the front end being a lot higher the distance was nowhere near as good to really get the best results from H ID or LED you should look into retrofitting projector lenses into your housing‘s that is the best set up the retrofit source I believe is the name of the website they offered the retrofit kits for most headlights and it’s not all that hard for the DIYer but if you retrofit them I would highly suggest doing HR DC and the end result will be just as good as OEM HID like a Maxima it’s really get what you pay for and if you have the extra change to do a retro fit or buy housings that have already been fitted you won’t be disappointed LED or HID. The reason you should use the projector housing with HRD your LED is because the light scatters and the reflector style housings like we have aren’t designed to focus the beam like it needs to that’s why when you pass cars that have these HRD kids in and they blonde you when you get close it’s because the HRD needs a projector housing unless it’s a H ID bulbs that’s designed for reflector housing which no one spends the money to use ..... my .02 cents! Hope it helps!

jhg120

Postby jhg120 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 pm

eruby wrote:
jag19651 wrote: Anyone have any input for me ?
I didn't do before and after but the second thread does show after pics of the bulbs I got off Amazon. I paid $25.99 per pair, I think they are $32.99 per pair now.
So wait you put H11 in the main headlight??? Cuz I thought they were 9007. My 2011 Path says 9007, but they are only available in a Bi-color option.

Would you H11 fit as high/low in 2011 Path??

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm

The Fog lights are H11 and the headlights 9007 :)

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:43 am

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Conver ... automotive

I bought a pair of these from amazon back in February. It is a big difference from the stock headlight bulbs that came with the Pathfinder. The light output is great.

eruby

Postby eruby » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:05 am

jhg120 wrote: So wait you put H11 in the main headlight??? Cuz I thought they were 9007. My 2011 Path says 9007, but they are only available in a Bi-color option.
Would you H11 fit as high/low in 2011 Path??
You have a different model. I have a 2017 SV. For my model, the manual says H9 for High Beam, H11 for Low and Fog Beams. What I found was H9 is a 65W version of H11. H11 is 55W. H11 fit perfectly for High, Low and Fogs on my 2017. I've had them for almost 1 year and still like the results.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”