Rancho pre-load handle winch bumper weight?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

calgary

Rancho pre-load handle winch bumper weight?

Postby calgary » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:00 am

Building up the family r51 pathy to take 33" tires and some moderate mudding - looking at a combo of the rancho quick lift and armada rear springs.

Read one of the 4x4 parts kit descriptions for their "deluxe competition" package and it says it recommends that to handle the weight of the winch and winch bumper -

got me wondering if my first choice (rancho) for lift could handle the weight... any experience out there?

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 am

Might have to call Rancho to specify.
Not sure on your budget but Nisstec.com has the MK85s coilover kits that use 2.5" springs and you can get them at 600lb which is perfect for winch bumper setups.

For a little bit more $$ you can go the Radlfo coilover way amd have more adjustment For the front.

calgary

Postby calgary » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Good advice Thrupertrooper re calling Rancho - quick helpful advice from them, but unfortunately the answer was "no" that strut is not designed to take any extra weight up front, so it's out.

There doesn't seem to be much out there re feedback on the nisstec... I am guessing you meant the mk84 coilovers? I will do some more research. (also, they don't seem to ship to Canada)

I hadn't wanted to start a new thread on "what lift should I get" but the goal is to run 33 or maybe just 32" 11.5 KO2s with an ARB bumper and winch making it suitable for light mudding and hill climbs, but not multi-day overland excursions.
Last edited by calgary on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I apologize on my typo. Yes the mk84s. They use a similar spring as the Radflo just 2.5" instead of the small 2.0". The other option is going the old man emu route but Im not 100% sure if they sell their kits sepperatelly.
They also allow stiffer springs for winch bumpers.

calgary

Postby calgary » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 pm

It looks like Nisstec does ship here, so that's a plus. They don't offer a radflo option for the pathy (they do for the xterra though). This is in my cart at the moment:

*SALE* Nisstec MK84 Extended Travel KIT ('05-'12 Pathfinder)
Front Cam Bolt Kit: Yes (+ $55.00)
Front Spring Color: Silver
Upper Control Arms: SPC_(Standard)
Front Colover Spring Rate: 650_Med/HD

Spring rate is a toss up, 600 takes me to plate bumper/8000 winch and synthetic, 650 gives me a bit more room, but if I don't use it, will be more rigid. of course with fat tires on OEM rims, that might be fine.

Re the OME systems, I liked them on my landcruisers, but seems like they get pretty flat reviews on nissans, lots of $$ with limited lift/travel...

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Dandipa

Postby Dandipa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 pm

How did you make on this? I have been looking for a while now. what route did you take on a lift? Got pics?
calgary wrote:It looks like Nisstec does ship here, so that's a plus. They don't offer a radflo option for the pathy (they do for the xterra though). This is in my cart at the moment:

*SALE* Nisstec MK84 Extended Travel KIT ('05-'12 Pathfinder)
Front Cam Bolt Kit: Yes (+ $55.00)
Front Spring Color: Silver
Upper Control Arms: SPC_(Standard)
Front Colover Spring Rate: 650_Med/HD

Spring rate is a toss up, 600 takes me to plate bumper/8000 winch and synthetic, 650 gives me a bit more room, but if I don't use it, will be more rigid. of course with fat tires on OEM rims, that might be fine.

Re the OME systems, I liked them on my landcruisers, but seems like they get pretty flat reviews on nissans, lots of $$ with limited lift/travel...

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am

I would call.
The xterras frontier and Pathys all have the exact same front setup. Exact.
Only difference is if you have the v8 pathy which needs a little heavier spring.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”