connecting aftermarket headunit and retaining hvac controls?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

paradigm

connecting aftermarket headunit and retaining hvac controls?

Postby paradigm » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Is there a way to connect an aftermarket double din head unit and still retain the hvac controls other than using the Metra 99-7620B kit? I have a 2010 LE with the bose audio system and no nav.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
See my other post :)

tkatt916

Postby tkatt916 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Not a double din but I have a single din in the lower pocket. I get the Metra dashkit at cost, and I won’t put it in. It’s garbage. I used a 7552 t-harness to retain the factory screen and heater controls. Cut the outputs of the t harness from the factory radio and connected to the outputs of the Pioneer I put in. Works just dandy. I did have to shave the pocket about an 1/8 of an inch both sides. Used a 1/4 retaining ring to cover up any of the cage showing from the radio. I have pics. I do installs on cars, you think I could figure out how to put a picture on here. :roll:

paradigm

Postby paradigm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:55 am

tkatt916 wrote:Not a double din but I have a single din in the lower pocket. I get the Metra dashkit at cost, and I won’t put it in. It’s garbage. I used a 7552 t-harness to retain the factory screen and heater controls. Cut the outputs of the t harness from the factory radio and connected to the outputs of the Pioneer I put in. Works just dandy. I did have to shave the pocket about an 1/8 of an inch both sides. Used a 1/4 retaining ring to cover up any of the cage showing from the radio. I have pics. I do installs on cars, you think I could figure out how to put a picture on here. :roll:
This sounds great. Is your stock stereo a bose or non bose?

paradigm

Postby paradigm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:11 am

palmerwmd wrote:Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
Sorry about the late reply. Which other post are you speaking to?

I really need to get rid of this stock stereo now that the bose subwoofer is blown, and I really want to be able to navigate my mp3's via usb easily.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

paradigm wrote:
palmerwmd wrote:Yes there is a way but I have not done it.
Sorry about the late reply. Which other post are you speaking to?

I really need to get rid of this stock stereo now that the bose subwoofer is blown, and I really want to be able to navigate my mp3's via usb easily.
If it's the subwoofer speakers that are blown, you can get new speakers direct from Bose for around $60 each, FYI.

Return to “R51 Electrical”