The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Roof Top Tent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2012Pathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Roof Top Tent Reply with quote

Has anyone installed a roof top tent on the stock roof rack on a 2012? I don't have the cross bars.

What is the weight capacity of the roof in general? We'd have the weight of the tent along with 2 adults and 2 kids.
Sergio169

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rooftop tent. That I installed on my 05. I don’t think they bars changed much on the later models. If you don’t have the crossbars you can still use the stock bars you’ll just need to buy longer bolts that will clear the thickness of the bars.
Brib

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergio, you are stock rack and stock bars? I was looking into putting mine on the stock set up and there is a lot of debate on whether you need aftermarket rack.
Sergio169

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes when I first installed it I installed it on the stock rooftop bars. Held up just fine on the crossbars. Never had a problem with it. Just be warned you will hear some minor noises from where the rack and tent meet. You could put some rubber material in between the rack and tent to mute the noise to help it. I just haven't gotten around to it.
Brib

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I am glad to hear it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: