Hood Shakes at speed

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

puddin'

Hood Shakes at speed

Postby puddin' » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 am

Our hood bounces around on the highway. It almost looks like its not latched and is gonna fly open. We had a recall on it a few years back, which we took it in and they made it a little tighter, but it still shakes. Does anybody have a remedy for this?

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

This comment from another forum might help you:

Also, very happy to inform to the forum and those of you who might be skeptical of some of the comments here, that my Pathfinder's hood fluttering at high speed is gone. I am writing word for word the work log of the Nissan technician for your benefit.

"TEST DROVE TO 80 MPH ON FREEWAY AND VERIFIED HOOD DOES RATTLE AND SHAKE EXCESSIVELY. CHECKED BUMP STOPS ON HOOD AND ADJUSTED SO HOOD SITS EVEN WITH FENDERS, AS BOTH STOPS, NOT TOUCHING, TEST DROVE AND MOST OF SHAKING GONE, CHECKED & ADJUSTED HOOD LATCH DOWN TO MAKE HOOD PULL DOWN TIGHTER, AND THEN RETEST DROVE ON FREEWAY AT TO 80 MPH AND SHAKING OF HOOD AND RATTLE OF HOOD GONE."

puddin'

Postby puddin' » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

JayArras wrote:This comment from another forum might help you:

Also, very happy to inform to the forum and those of you who might be skeptical of some of the comments here, that my Pathfinder's hood fluttering at high speed is gone. I am writing word for word the work log of the Nissan technician for your benefit.

"TEST DROVE TO 80 MPH ON FREEWAY AND VERIFIED HOOD DOES RATTLE AND SHAKE EXCESSIVELY. CHECKED BUMP STOPS ON HOOD AND ADJUSTED SO HOOD SITS EVEN WITH FENDERS, AS BOTH STOPS, NOT TOUCHING, TEST DROVE AND MOST OF SHAKING GONE, CHECKED & ADJUSTED HOOD LATCH DOWN TO MAKE HOOD PULL DOWN TIGHTER, AND THEN RETEST DROVE ON FREEWAY AT TO 80 MPH AND SHAKING OF HOOD AND RATTLE OF HOOD GONE."
thank you. i'll check it out

puddin'

Postby puddin' » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

got it fixed. the bumpers were screwed all the way in and not even touching at all!! screwed em down and fixed it up. Thanks

JimsPath

Re: Hood Shakes at speed

Postby JimsPath » Mon May 29, 2023 6:07 pm

What year?

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”