Window trim/seals 1992 Pathfinder

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

pilotgirl

Window trim/seals 1992 Pathfinder

Postby pilotgirl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi there,

I've been driving my 1992 SEV6 for 16 years and just did it's 3rd timing belt change at 270K miles. I've put a lot into this truck in the past 3 years during its life-extension program (belts/hoses, steering arms, shocks, rotors, CV joints, upper/lower ball joints, power steering pump, starter, idle air control valve, intake tunnel. radiator fan etc) and the beast is solid, dependable and gets the job done at work, the horse farm and home. I decided (against the advice of the 'Joneses' who people try to keep up with) to roll it for another 100k. The challenge now is aging materials. New paint is in the near future, but I'm looking for that plastic tubular window trim round the rear side windows. Mine has actually shrunk from the brutal Florida heat over the years and now the ends are literally inches apart.

Anyone have a good source for the 'little stuff' like weather-stripping, and window trim? I don't want to pillage a junkyard because I want new stuff not 25 year old stuff.

[/img]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:12 am

That tends to be a problem with a number of parts as our Nissans get older. The first place to check is the dealer and hope it's still available. As far as aftermarket options, that's where it gets tough. Because our older Nissan trucks weren't made anywhere near the numbers of domestic trucks, like Chevy and Ford, there is seldom much available on the aftermarket when it comes to trim pieces. If Rockauto.com or Ebay doesn't have it, typically the only options are the salvage yard or fabricating something that'll work. There is still another option for Nissan obsolete parts, but choices are limited. Still, if you can find something you need, the prices are hard to beat:

http://oem-surplus.com/nwp/

http://www.oem-surplus.com/plus/

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”